I’m so excited to share my Falafel Sliders recipe with you. Back in March I was in London visiting my man (he was on tour at the time). To make a long story short he had ordered us some food backstage, so after the show […]
I’m obsessed with Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread for all the right reasons. My favorite part is the use of mini chocolate peanut butter cups… that was a happy accident. I was making a banana loaf ‘spur of the moment’ to save some bananas that had gone RIPE RIPE, and didn’t have enough chocolate chips to to meet the right ratios. I did have mini chocolate peanut butter cups in my pantry though, and the rest is history.(more…)
This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #McCormickMayonesa #MayonesaAtKroger
I’m regularly trying to find ways to improve my Potato Soy Chorizo Quiche. I know it doesn’t sound like a major task but getting the right ingredients to work for a delicious Mexican quiche is a goal I visit often. After many variations of this dish I found my key ingredient that makes all the difference in the quiche world. McCormick® Mayonesa with Lime Juice is a simple way to liven up your favorite dishes but is truly a game changer for quiche.
I decided to try McCormick® Mayonesa with Lime Juice (it’s the market leader on flavored Mayonesa) for it’s strong and authentic taste to the Mexican formula. It legitimately brought all the flavors together adding a layer of tanginess that had been missing from my recipe previously. Luckily I was able to find a jar at my local Ralph’s in the condiment aisle. Fixed my quiche dilemma and now I can just focus on how great my breakfast is instead.
Ingredients for Potato Soy Chorizo Quiche:
- 3 cups potato (grated)
- 3 tablespoons McCormick® Mayonesa with Lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chile flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 oz. cooked soy chorizo
- 1/3 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 fried white onion
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 3 large slices of tomato
- 1/2 cup McCormick® Mayonesa with Lime
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- CRUST: Mix grated potato, Mayonesa, salt, chile flakes, black pepper, and garlic powder in a large mixing bowl with your hands.
- Squeeze out as much liquid as possible from potato mixture as possible.
- Spray a 9-inch glass pie baking plate with non stick baking spray.
- Then carefully mold potato mixture into the pie plate.
- Place in the oven for 13 minutes to bake crust slightly.
- Then sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese evenly from the center of the crust to the outer rim.
- Place back in the oven for 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk Mayonesa , milk, and eggs together. Set aside.
- Sprinkle soy chorizo and green onion to the bottom of slightly baked crust.
- Then layer cheddar cheese, fried onion, black olives, and tomato slices over soy chorizo/green onion.
- Pour egg mixture over the layered filling in pie plate.
- Cover the top of quiche in foil.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes covered in foil, then remove quiche from oven and remove foil.
- Return quiche back to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve with pickled jalapeños if desired.
The Piña Colada Raspado Celebration:
I’m a girl’s girl! There I said it. Being raised by a single mom with the help of her sisters I first handedly saw the power of female. How they came together to support each other as they were building their young lives. It wasn’t long before I realized women are innovative, brave, determined, powerful, loving, smart, and stronger together. I’ve always had the utmost respect for other women and involve myself in solid female long-term relationships. I cherish all my femme friendships with all my heart and sometimes they need to be celebrated.(more…)
The 1st Saturday of September is National Tailgating Day. This year it falls on September 5th smack dab in the middle of Labor Day weekend during a pandemic that is keeping us safer at home. Yes, I wish I was at the stadium participating in this fun festive day but I won’t let staying at home rain on my parade…. I’ll just homegate instead. Lots of games are being televised today and I’m here for it especially with my delicious GAME DAY SPREAD. I made it easy for myself and ran over to Northgate Market to pick up all my favorite ready made snacks. Grabbed a pound of crispy potato wedges, tortilla chips, salsa ranchera, guacamole, rajas con crema, cacahuates japoneses, I love michelada, a bag of chicharrones de harina, a few onions to make homemade onion rings, and I was good to go!(more…)
The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence. All opinions are mine alone. #SocialClubRecipe #SocialClub #TopShelfSeltzer
I was seriously missing Date Night on the town with my man. On occasion he and I would head out for an adult night and venture downtown for the most delicious vegetarian sushi and a good solid mixed drink. Those days have been scaled back drastically and I’m finding new ways to recreate an equally upbeat Date Night here at home.
I recently discovered the premium Social Club Seltzer – It comes in 3 fantastic flavors: Sidecar, Old Fashioned, and Citrus Gimlet. Social Club Seltzer reminds me of the sophisticated attitude of the golden 20’s. It is the epitome of elevation in seltzer beverages with quality and superiority. I pride myself on having a penchant for bubbly drinks and these being top shelve are a must for my Date Night at home.(more…)
This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HeartHealthyMazola
This heat doesn’t seem to be going anywhere. September typically is a hot month and in my house it’s a month of salad making. September is also Cholesterol Awareness Month! What better time to make a Fresh Veggie Summer Salad, raise cholesterol awareness and ways to reduce it. Here’s a fun fact (according to a clinical study) Mazola® Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil! To learn more about this claim, visit Mazola.com.(more…)
It’s HATCH CHILE Time!!! The one special seasonal event of the year for chile-heads at least. People who love hatch chiles go bonkers and rush out to @Northgate to stock up on their roasted HATCH Chiles from now to mid September. During this time of year, you can enjoy hatch chile on a wide assortment of products sold at Northgate: Hatch tortillas, Hatch mac & cheese, Hatch aguas frescas, and even Hatch bolillos! It’s all yummy.(more…)