Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Society Culinaria on behalf of Northgate Norwalk. However all opinions are 100% my own, and I am thrilled to have found this market. It’s a true gem.
I am at the supermarket EVERY single day for one reason or another. I have my list of markets that I frequent for different reasons. Sometimes I have to go to two to three different markets just to find everything I need. Well I think that all just changed. I have found my Mexican Specialty market and I am not looking back. It has EVERYTHING… and I mean EVERYTHING I could possibly want in a Mexican market. Thank the supermarket gods for bestowing Northgate Norwalk upon us.
I was there last week for a look at the newly remodeled market and I was absolutely amazed at how nice it was. They fulfilled all my Mexican Food dreams under one roof. Let me just tell you what they have…
- A fresh guacamole bar, where a woman is custom making guacamole to your liking.
- A salsa bar, with a wide variety of salsas ranging from mild to very picoso! They also have their salsas already packaged for a quick grab if time is limited.
- A tamale bar with 8 different tamales to choose from.
- A hot food bar with chile rellenos, rajas con queso, rice, beans, chile verde, enchiladas, and a bounty of other Mexican specialty dishes.
- A salad bar with ready made salads including nopales.
- An empanada bar where a native Argentinian is making them fresh on the premises.
- Freshly made tortillas…. they make 5 different types: Corn, Flour, Jalapeño, Hatch and Chiltepin. I ate mine fresh off the press.
- A large ceviche and aguachile bar. You can either choose how much you buy or they have the ceviche packaged and ready to go if time is not on your side.
- They have an insane cake section with freshly made cakes that are reasonably priced. They even sell chocoflan, large brightly colored gelatinas, and arroz con leche.
- A bakery to rival any panaderia in Los Angeles, with a vast variety of every kind of pan dulce imaginable. They even come in mini sizes. Let’s not forget the hot of the oven bolillos and the artisan bread.
- They also have churros made to order, and could be filled with sweet crema or cajeta. They believe a churro should be eaten hot and do not let theirs sit.
- They also have a Mexican candy section that is perfectly sweet with all your favorite authentic candies in stock.
- Don’t leave Northgate Norwalk without visiting the Aguas Frescas bar. Not only do they have a great selection of daily made aguas… the agua comes in the cutest Loteria adorned cup.
Like I said…. I found my new market. Below is a few photos from the store.