The other day I happened upon an ice cream sandwich cake on the internet. It looked so good and tempting. I don’t know why, but it just had my name written all over it. Maybe it has something to do with the bloodmoon, or pms, or maybe the odd warm weather…. whatever the reason…. I wanted it.
As I examined the chocolate sauce dripping down the sides of the cake (my current obsession), I thought to myself ”I bet that would be heavenly with cajeta, and neapolitan ice cream sandwiches instead.” In that instant all the pieces came together. This coming Thursday (April 24th), I will be hosting a #Billboards2014 party here in my home with my #Framily on behalf of Sprint, and a cajeta neapolitan ice cream sandwich cake would be the perfect dessert for us. Plus the ice cream sandwich is sort-of in the same shape as the new Samsung Galaxy 5S, and guess what? Sprint is giving me the new phone to give to one of the members of my #Framily. Oh it’s gonna be a fun night. We plan on watching the awards, playing games, snacking, and eating cajeta neapolitan ice cream sandwich cake. Don’t forget to follow the conversation on both instagram and twitter…. we will be using the #Framily and #Billboards2014 hashtags!
Ingredients for cajeta neapolitan ice cream sandwich cake:
- 12 – neapolitan ice cream sandwiches
- 1/2 – cup cajeta
- 2 – cups whipped cream
- optional: fresh strawberries
- Lay 3 ice cream sandwiches on a plate.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons on cajeta on top of sandwiches.
- Place another 3 sandwiches on top of cajeta, with the sandwiches stacked in the opposite direction.
- Top with another 2 tablespoons of cajeta.
- Top cajeta layer with 3 more sandwiches.
- Another two tablespoons of cajeta.
- Lay down the final 3 sandwiches.
- Frost the entire stack of sandwiches with whipped cream.
- Drizzle the remaining cajeta over the top of the cake and place back in the freezer for a minimum of 1 hour to firm.
- Slice and Enjoy!