Ever fall hopelessly head over heels in love with flan? The type of love where you have tunnel vision, and all your surroundings just fade to black because all you could think about is your flan? I had it bad, I was MAD…. as in madly smitten with the sweet and salty cajeta drenched chocolate flan that I had to do something grandiose as a gesture of my amor. I made this video so lovers around the world could unite and find themselves in the arms of a delicious flan! HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!
Ingredients for Salted Cajeta Chocolate Flan:
- Non- stick baking spray
- 1/2 – cup cajeta
- 1 – 7.6 ounce Nestle’s Media Crema
- 12 – ounce semisweet chocolate chips
- 5 – large eggs
- 4 – ounces of cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 – 14 ounce can of Nestle’s La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 – 12 ounce can of evaporated milk
- 1 – tablespoon vanilla
- sea salt to taste
- Spray a 12 cup budnt pan with non stick spray.
- Pour cajeta evenly into bundt pan. Set to the side.
- In a medium sauce pan over a medium flame add Media Crema and chocolate chips and stir until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Add eggs, cream cheese, La Lechera, evaporated milk, and vanilla to a blender. Blend till smooth. Then add in the chocolate mixture and blend till combined.
- Pour flan mixture over the cajeta filled bundt pan.
- Cover the bundt pan with a piece of aluminum foil and place inside a large pyrex baking dish. Pour hot water into the pyrex baking dish to fill up half way.
- Then place the baking dish into the oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Once out of the oven, remove from water bath and uncover to allow cooling. Run a small knife around the edge to ensure it from sticking.
- Let the flan rest for two hours then flip it over onto a plate. Slowly lift pan up away from plate.
- Place in the fridge for 5 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle top with sea salt right before serving.
17 thoughts on “Webisode 6: Salted Cajeta Chocolate Flan”
I personally have never tried any kind of flan, so it was fun to see how it is made!! Thanks for sharing!!
i love you!
OMG looks amazing! So rich! Super cute video & Happy Valentine’s Day to you! <3
I want to be the maid of honor in this marriage ceremony! Save some for meeeee!
Your video editor did an amazing job!
This looks so good and I could do without too much help!
I’ve never heard of cajeta. Sounds yummy though.
I would eat this whole thing by myself!
And as always your video tutorials are awesome 🙂
Oh my word, I am a flan addict. Love this stuff and chocolate flan sounds AMAZING.
Another awesome video!! Two thumbs up!!
I have been afraid to try to make flan but you just made it look easy. I will be trying this one! Keep up the great webisodes! You are a natural entertainer!
What do we put the oven temperature to?
this looks really interesting…i have a question though, how do i make the cajeta? sorry, i’ve never heard of it before. i want to try to make this. i love all flans. thanks for posting. 🙂
Hi – Cajeta is Goats Milk Caramel… you could either make it or its sold in a can or in a bottle….
You must be logged in to post a comment.