Disclosure: The most grateful thank you to the Idaho Potato Commission for sponsoring this video. We appreciate all the support you have given us, and LOVE partnering with you!
Chile Verde is an all time family favorite since as far back as I can remember. My grandfather used to make it when I was a little girl, then my Auntie Rosie took the reins and she is the one who taught me how to make it. My family puts big chunks of potatoes in our chile verde for a delightful dish you’ll never forget! Here is my latest webisode showing you how we make it….. except I had Vieja Chile Verde come supervise. Keep an eye out for my band at the end! 🙂
Ingredients for Chile Verde Con Papa:
- 6 – tomatillos
- 4- hueritos chiles
- 4 – serrano chiles
- 4- jalapeno chiles
- 2- garilc cloves
- a pinch of oregano
- 1 – tablespoon beef bouillon
- 1 – capful white vinegar
- 1 – cup of boiled chile water
- 2 – tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 – lbs cut pork tenderloin
- 5 – bay leaves
- 1 – white onion
- 4 – cups of chicken broth
- 4 – russet Idaho potatoes
- Boil chiles and tomatillos for 25 minutes.
- Then add chiles, tomatillos, garlic cloves, oregano, beef bouillon, vinegar, and chile water into a blender. Blend until chunky. Set to the side.
- In a large dutch oven over a medium high flame add oil and allow to heat till hot, then add in pork tenderloin cubes and braise on each side.
- Add in bay leaves and onion.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling lower flame, add a lid and allow to simmer for 2 hours.
- Next add in potato chunks and green chile. Cover with lid and continue to simmer for an additional 30 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
Thank you with my entire heart and gratitude to my most awesome crew! I sincerely love you guys big time.
Director: Mando Lopez
Director of Photography: Tony Molina
Camera Assistant: Suki Ewers
Producer: Lacey Reilly
Editor: Max Azpiazu
Set Design: Mando Lopez
On-set morale booster: Kristen Warren
Sound and Make-up: Janine Presley
Lighting Equipment: Paul Hopkins
Band Music: Mando Lopez, Andrea Bulletti, and Anthony E. Martinez
Vocals: Nicole Presley
Sound Engineering: Manny Nieto
Opening Music: Anger Bros
Thank you Melissa’s Produce for donating all the GREEN CHILES!!!!
The most grateful thank you to the Idaho Potato Commission for sponsoring this video. We appreciate all the support you have given us, and LOVE partnering with you!
13 thoughts on “Webisode 7: Papa And Pork Chile Verde with The Vieja”
Adorable, as always! (Oh, and looks so DELICIOUS!)
Omg, super awesome! Now I’m hungry!
You rocked it! Love it and the recipe looks delicious.
I can’t handle it… you make me SMILE so big- my face hurts!
I LOVE IT!! You are amazing 🙂
Nia and I are singing the chile verde song!! We loved this Webisode and even though I don’t cook pork cause I’m allergic it looked Delish!!! I’m gonna try this recipe with steak 🙂
I want vieja chile verde in my kitchen… and I want to wear her dress!
Awesome webisode! You ROCK Nicole!!!!!
“Que sangrona!” bwhahahahhhaaa! Love it, chica. Make more webisodes, porfa. You are so amazingly charismatic in front of the camera. Now I was some chile verde.
I can’t stop laughing. Great vid! CHINGA!!!
great recipy !!! i jsut cant resist it …yummy
I finally had some quiet down time to watch the video… You are too funny! Love the dish and love the song:) Your sidekick, vieja, was a riot:) XOXO
You must be logged in to post a comment.