This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #McCormickMayonesa #MayonesaAtKroger
I’m regularly trying to find ways to improve my Potato Soy Chorizo Quiche. I know it doesn’t sound like a major task but getting the right ingredients to work for a delicious Mexican quiche is a goal I visit often. After many variations of this dish I found my key ingredient that makes all the difference in the quiche world. McCormick® Mayonesa with Lime Juice is a simple way to liven up your favorite dishes but is truly a game changer for quiche.
I decided to try McCormick® Mayonesa with Lime Juice (it’s the market leader on flavored Mayonesa) for it’s strong and authentic taste to the Mexican formula. It legitimately brought all the flavors together adding a layer of tanginess that had been missing from my recipe previously. Luckily I was able to find a jar at my local Ralph’s in the condiment aisle. Fixed my quiche dilemma and now I can just focus on how great my breakfast is instead.
Ingredients for Potato Soy Chorizo Quiche:
- 3 cups potato (grated)
- 3 tablespoons McCormick® Mayonesa with Lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chile flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 oz. cooked soy chorizo
- 1/3 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 fried white onion
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 3 large slices of tomato
- 1/2 cup McCormick® Mayonesa with Lime
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- CRUST: Mix grated potato, Mayonesa, salt, chile flakes, black pepper, and garlic powder in a large mixing bowl with your hands.
- Squeeze out as much liquid as possible from potato mixture as possible.
- Spray a 9-inch glass pie baking plate with non stick baking spray.
- Then carefully mold potato mixture into the pie plate.
- Place in the oven for 13 minutes to bake crust slightly.
- Then sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese evenly from the center of the crust to the outer rim.
- Place back in the oven for 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk Mayonesa , milk, and eggs together. Set aside.
- Sprinkle soy chorizo and green onion to the bottom of slightly baked crust.
- Then layer cheddar cheese, fried onion, black olives, and tomato slices over soy chorizo/green onion.
- Pour egg mixture over the layered filling in pie plate.
- Cover the top of quiche in foil.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes covered in foil, then remove quiche from oven and remove foil.
- Return quiche back to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve with pickled jalapeños if desired.