Did you know it’s #paletaweek ? Yup. Fun right!?! I decided to join in on the lively celebration and shake things up a bit with a 21 and over version for the adults.
I’m calling my creations Margarita Enchiloso Paletas! I made a chile lime tequila ice pop to enjoy when you want to get boozy on a stick. If it’s been an extra hard day, make it a double with a shot of tequila on the side. I dipped the tip of my spiked paletas in a mixture of salt sugar tajin and crushed chile peppers! Perfect for a summer night cap or day drinking.
Follow the #paletaweek hashtag and make these Margarita Enchiloso Paletas for a fun fun fun in the sun.
Ingredients for Margarita Enchiloso Paletas:
- 12 popsicle/paleta molds
- 2 limes (cut into 6 slices each)
- 12 chile de arbol
- 1 cup warm/hot water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Cointreau
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup tequila
- plastic wrap
- 12 popsicle/paleta sticks
- For Sprinkle Topping:
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon tajin
- 1/4 teaspoon chile flakes
- Slice limes and drop a lime slice into the bottom of each popsicle/paleta mold.
- In a large cup add water and sugar and mix until dissolved. Then pour in cointreau, triple sec, fresh lime juice, and tequila. Whisk to combine.
- Fill each popsicle/paleta mold up halfway, then place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer drop a chile de arbol in each popsicle mold then with the remaining margarita liquid fill the other half of the popsicle molds to the top.
- Cover with the top with plastic wrap and puncture a little hole at the top to insert popsicle stick.
- Freeze over night or until completely solid.
- Mix all topping ingredients in a bowl, set to the side.
- Remove paletas from mold.
- Spinkle paletas with topping mixture.