It’s time for game-day !!!! Are you ready? Who are you rooting for? I’m team #SuperCrispy Football Cone Soy Chorizo Totchos! Decided to serve my Grown In Idaho tots in a cone this year to make it easy to keep the food separated. If you are watching with your own household (I hope you are), then allow them to spill all over a table and scoop into a cone… either way you will score big this these delicious Totchos. They make the perfect hearty snack to munch on while watching the game, all the commercials, and the HALFTIME show too. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Football Cone Soy Chorizo Totchos:
- 1 28 ounce bag Grown In Idaho Super Crispy Tots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 9 ounces soy chorizo
- 1 cup jack cheese (grated)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- sliced olives
- Pico de gallo
- pickled jalapeños
- sour cream (optional)
Paper cones needed to serve or cups
- Bake Grown In Idaho Super Crispy Tots according to the packaging.
- While the tots are baking, add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large frying pan and allow to get hot. Fry soy chorizo for a few minutes until heated through and browned. Breaking it up with a spatula to crumble. Remove from heat and set to the side.
- Five minutes before the tots are done baking, remove the sheet pan from the oven and sprinkle tots with jack and cheddar cheese.
- Place back in oven and allow for cheese to melt.
- Remove from oven and divide cheesy covered tots among 4 to 6 paper cones.
- Sprinkle the top of each cone with soy chorizo crumbles, a few sliced black olives, a tablespoon of pico de gallo, pickled jalapeños, and a scoop of guacamole.
- Eat with a fork or pick with your hands while you enjoy the big game.
Looking for more tasty game day treats? Try my mole fries!