Halloween is clawing it’s way closer, and the horrific truth is… it’s not safe with a deadly pandemic looming to celebrate the way we’ve been able to in the past. Wouldn’t it be absolutely
FANTASTIC FRIGHTNENING if we could all come up with ideas of how to celebrate #Home4Halloween with #SafeScares for our favorite gruesome goblins. Let’s flood the IG feed with great ideas so no one feels like they are missing out. The point is we can still celebrate at home with our families, since group festivities are not recommended for Halloween 2020.
I wanted to kick off October with my extra simple Caramel Toffee Apple Vampire Bites! These are a snack size answer to the traditional candied Halloween apple. I used all ingredients I had on hand for a quick assemble, Granny Smith Apples from Northgate Market, Caramel sauce from Tastefully Simple, and my favorite Toffee from See’s! The results were otherworldly.
Try my Caramel Toffee Apple Vampire Bites at home this year. Let’s keep our kiddos and ourselves SAFE, HEALTHY and entertained with fun activities and snacks this Halloween!
- Granny Smith apples
- Caramel Sauce (Tastefully Simple)
- Toffee (crushed) (homemade or I like to use See’s Toffee-ettes)
- Slice Granny Smith apple into wedges. Cut off the bottom so the apple wedge has a flat surface to stand straight.
- Dip bottom of apple into a caramel sauce.
- Then dip in crushed toffee pieces.
- Stick little bat wings in either side of apple. You can either buy them (I used Wilton brand) or make your own with construction paper and toothpicks.
- Serve the candied apple slices to your favorite vampire for a delightful Halloween treat!
If you want to knock the socks off of every ghost you know try my Mexican Poutine Smashers for a sublime savory treat!