I’m obsessed with Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread for all the right reasons. My favorite part is the use of mini chocolate peanut butter cups… that was a happy accident. I was making a banana loaf ‘spur of the moment’ to save some bananas that had gone RIPE RIPE, and didn’t have enough chocolate chips to to meet the right ratios. I did have mini chocolate peanut butter cups in my pantry though, and the rest is history.
This loaf has been keeping my household company all quarantine and I can only imagine it will continue to do so through the winter months. Easy, and a crowd pleaser… what more do you want? Watch my reels on IG for step by step!
Ingredients for Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread:
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 5 very ripe bananas (black even)
- 1 cup mini chocolate peanut butter cups + 1 tablespoon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Spray a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan with non-stick baking spray, then line the pan with parchment paper with flaps hanging over for an easy removal. Set to the side.
- Mix brown sugar, sour cream and vegetable oil in a stand up mixer on medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes or until completely combined.
- Add in eggs one at a time, scraping down bowl after each addition.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add flour mixture to egg/sugar mixture, and mix until just combined.
- Add in peeled bananas and mix on medium high until all bananas are combined and a bit chunky.
- Fold in 1 cup chocolate peanut butter cups.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and sprinkle with the top of mixture with remaining peanut butter cups.
- Bake for 70 to 75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
If you really want to go bananas, try my Peanut Butter Banana French Toast!