I’m talking Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies today. Since I have been home bound due to Covid-19 I have fallen into complete comfort food zone. I need something to cradle me through this tough time, and these cookies definitely are doing the trick. I like using salted peanuts and both milk and semisweet chocolate chips. They crisp up nicely on the outside and keep moist on the inside. The classic combo of peanut butter and chocolate take their love affair to new heights in cookie form and makes staying home a lot easier.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup-room temperature)
- 1 1/4 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 3/4 cup baker’s sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips + 1/2 cup to top cookies with
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup salted peanuts (coarsely chopped)
- Extra sugar to coat cookies in.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl whisk flour, baking soda, and salt. Set to the side.
- In a stand up mixer with a paddle attachment set on medium mix butter, dark brown sugar, and bakers sugar until combined for about 3 minutes.
- Add in peanut butter and mix until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the mixer bowl with a rubber spatula, then add in eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Pour in flour mixture and mix until dough forms.
- Stir in 1 cup of milk chocolate chips, semisweet chocolate chips, and salted peanuts.
- I use a measuring tablespoon to scoop out two tablespoons, then roll into a ball.
- Drench each ball in sugar to coat completely.
- Place cookie ball on a baking sheet lined with a non-stick mat and add two to three more chocolate chips to the top of each cookie by gently pressing them in. Keep them two inches apart.
- Bake for 13 minutes. Allow to rest on baking sheet for 7 minutes after you remove them from oven, then place cookie on cooling rack to come to room temp.