I just need to gather my myself and take a seat after the weeks we just had. I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed my city of Los Angeles in such unrest and unity at the same time. A beautifully tragic dichotomy to behold. It’s taken us a long time to get here, and we still have a long way to go. Like I said, it’s a lot to process. In that process I have been seeking more time for myself. Taking comfort in the simple things such as finding serenity in my patio surrounded by my plants with a little ‘trago’ in hand. I usually make a pitcher of Sparkling Spiked Limonada and keep it in the fridge for an easy go-to drink.
I’ve been making trips every so often to Northgate Market to stock up on all the essentials for my ‘me time’. That includes aqua limonada con chia (sweetened with 100% organic agave syrup), strawberries, tequila, mineral water, citrus galore, and a nice bouquet of baby’s breath to make my sparkling spiked limonada look pretty. I get home pour myself a drink, put on some instrumental music, and unplug. Time to take a breather.
Ingredients for Sparkling Spiked Limonada:
- 1 lime, lemon, orange, grapefruit (cut into ¼ inch slices)
- 10 strawberries (sliced into quarters)
- 4 cups of Northgate’s agua limonada con chia
- 1 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- 2 cups mineral water
- kosher salt
- baby’s breath
- Slice all citrus into ¼ inch rounds, place in a large pitcher.
- Quarter strawberries and add to pitcher.
- Pour Northgate’s agua limonada con chia, tequila, triple sec, and mineral water into the pitcher.
- Mix to fully combine. Place in the fridge until cold and ready to drink.
- Wet the rim of a glass with a slice of citrus by rubbing the fleshy part around the rim. Then dip the glass in a plate of kosher salt.
- Fill the cup with ice cubes and pour in your sparkling spiked limonada.
- Garnish with extra fruit if you wish, and a twig or two of baby’s breath.