Plant Based Cauliflower Ceviche: makes you realize you never needed fish in your ceviche to begin with. This recipe is full of flavor and very refreshing, I’d go as far as saying it’s the best.
It’s hot outside. I mean real hot. Like turn on the air conditioning in summertime hot. I wish I could go out, be with friends, and enjoy a nice cooling meal with a cold beer on the side. SINCE that is not possible I prearranged a dinner on my patio of plant based cauliflower ceviche and a pile of corn chips.
This is a recipe I’ve been holding on to for a while. I’ve never published it on Presley’s Pantry, but it has been served many times in my home for gatherings of sort. I love to watch the shocked expression when I tell people it’s fish-less. The little crumbles of cauliflower do an excellent job of imitating the texture of ceviche. Make it for the ones you find near and dear, and try and deal with this insane heat while staying safe at home.
If you are wondering where you can snag a set of the cute pig bowls… find them here at My Cajita!
Ingredients for Plant Based Cauliflower Ceviche:
- 10 limes (juiced)
- 1 head of cauliflower (remove from stems- just the curd)
- 3 jalapenos (diced)
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1/3 cup olive oil + 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 hot house cucumber (diced)
- 2 tablespoons Pico Pica
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt + 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon chile flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 3 Avocados (diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups of tomato (diced)
- Start by juicing all the limes in a big bowl. Discard seeds if any fall into the juice.
- How you cut the cauliflower makes all the difference in the world of how this recipe will taste. I believe if you buy it already riced or cut it loses it’s texture and doesn’t quite work. This is the most important part of the recipe. I cut all the stem away for the curd (tree-like top), then with my fingers, I break the curd up into segments to get small bits. This takes time, but is well worth it.
- Once all the cauliflower is in the bowl, I add all the other ingredients. Mix well and place in the fridge to get super cold for a minimum of 2 hours or ideally over night.
- Serve with corn chips!
Looking for other things to eat in this heat? Try my grilled calabacita tacos!