Roasted Asparagus, Garlic Mashed Potatoes w/ Mushroom Gravy, and Onion Zucchini Pepper Cakes.
That was our dinner last night. I’ve been cooking like mad lately and rarely post what we eat. Since the quarantine I basically live in the kitchen which I love ❤️I was especially proud of this meal because I used up bits and pieces of produce that were floating around in my fridge. My family was happy. I served Mando a plate of food and decided to photograph it right on the spot because deep down I knew there wouldn’t be any leftovers. This is the one photo captured. I did film myself making the meal step by step, and gave plant-based substitutes where I saw fit. Go to my stories if you’re interested in re-creating the cakes or the mushroom gravy…. it’s all there.
Ingredients for Onion Zucchini Bell Pepper Cakes:
- Half of large white onion (sliced)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 zucchini (grated)
- 4 green onion stalks (mince white portion only)
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs or flour
- 1/3 vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl combine white onion, yellow bell pepper, zucchini, and green onion.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to your liking. Mix veggie mixture with a spoon to make sure all spices are evenly distributed.
- Crack an egg over the veggies and mix it in.
- Pour bread crumbs or flour over mixture and mix until completely combined.
- In a large frying pan over a medium high heat, add in vegetable oil and allow to hot.
- Take a heaping tablespoon of mixture and make into a small pattie with your hands, then place in pan and allow to cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until crispy!
- Remove from pan and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, a green veggie, and gravy if you like. Or on top of a salad for a crispy bite.
Looking for other comforting dishes…. Try my peanut sauce noodles.