Egg In A Potato Basket:
Egg in a potato basket is the perfect way to celebrate Easter morning. These little breakfast baskets are made with Grown In Idaho Waffle Fries! They are not only cute, they are delicious, easy to make, and fun for a safer at home holiday.
Ingredients for Egg In A Potato Basket:
- Non-stick spray
- Grown In Idaho Waffle Fries
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Rosemary twig (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Spread Grown In Idaho Waffle Fries on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- While fries are baking take a cupcake pan and spray each cup with non-stick spray. Set to the side until ready to use.
- Remove waffle fries from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before handling.
- Once fries have slightly cooled take a waffle fry and place at the bottom of a cupcake cup, then line the sides of the cup with a few more waffle fries until the entire cup is lined. Make as many as you wish.
- Then place the cupcake pan back in the oven for 7 minutes to allow the fries to continue cooking and form the shape of the basket. Lower the temperature to 400 degrees.
- Remove the cupcake pan from the oven and crack an egg into each potato basket.
- Place back into the oven for an additional 10 to 13 minutes (depending on how you like your egg cooked).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes. Run a butterknife around the edge of each cup and carefully remove potato baskets from cupcake pan.
- Place on a plate and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- (Optional) Insert a rosemary twig into one side of basket then bend it to the other side and insert into inside of basket.