I’m kinda obsessed with my mole fries right now, not kinda… totally obsessed. I can’t help it. It’s my most recent love letter to my man. He loves my homemade mole, but is a fry guy and the combination makes him swoon. My obsession comes from the assembly of the plate and putting it together, plus I just love mole fries.
I always use crinkle cut fries because the little grooves cradle my homemade mole with care, then more mole ends up in your mouth and not at the bottom of the bowl. I like to add a few roasted carrots to the dish, and dabs of hot red seeded salsa. The plate wouldn’t be complete without shreds of Oaxaca cheese shreds, crema con sal, pickled red onion, sesame seeds, and cilantro. My mouth just watered thinking about this heavenly platter. I gotta go, I’m off to the kitchen.
Would you eat these with your fingers or a fork?
Ingredients for Mole Fries:
- super crispy crinkle cut fries
- homemade mole (or you can always buy the jar)
- red chile de arbol salsa
- roasted carrots
- Oaxaca cheese
- crema con sal
- pickled onions
- sesame seeds
- Make homemade mole or pop open a jar and heat.
- Bake french fries according to package.
- Slice a few peeled carrots and brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place on a cookie sheet and bake with the fries for about 25 minutes or until carrots are fork tender.
- Shred Oaxaca cheese while everything is in the oven. Set to the side.
- Time to assemble: Pour fries into a large bowl or platter (share size). Place roasted carrots in along with the fries.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Add a few teaspoons of chile de arbol over fries.
- Drizzle a several tablespoons of mole over fries (to your liking), and a couple of tablespoons of crema con sal.
- Add a few strips of pickled onions, a 1/2 of teaspoon of sesame seeds, and some cilantro leaves to the top of your fries!
- Eat with a fork or dig in with your fingers!