Vegetarian Taco Board: A delicious grilled veggie board accompanied by corn tortillas, salsa and queso fresco. Make your taco dreams come true!
Are you SUMMER ready? I love the warm weather and more than loving the warm weather, I love the grilling season that comes with it. I enjoy the whole process of grilling. Choosing the freshest produce; bringing my vegetables home; and making a simple marinade of olive oil, lime juice, MAGGI® Vegetable Bouillon, pepper, and garlic. I feel like the bouillon gives my marinade all the flavor it needs for an extra special grilling day.
Maggi is one of my favorite ingredients to cook with because it enhances all of my every day dishes!
I decided this summer would be the summer of the Vegetarian Taco Board in my household. Not all tacos are created equally, and a taco board gives people the liberty to mix and match the ingredients—formulating the perfect bite! It’s so easy to put together. I simply run down to Walmart and grab all my favorite vegetables, tortillas, queso fresco, and I can’t forget MAGGI® Vegetable Bouillon. I love shopping there, it’s so convenient and reasonable.
I make sure to grill Anaheim chiles stuffed with Jack cheese, baby Bella mushroom kabobs, corn on the cob, green onion, zucchini, yellow and red bell pepper, and peaches. I pair my grilled veggies with radishes, a spicy tomatillo avocado cilantro salsa, corn tortillas, and queso fresco.
Ingredients for Vegetarian Taco Board:
For the marinade:
- 3 MAGGI® Vegetable Bouillon cubes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- fresh lime juice – 1 lime
- black pepper to taste
- a pinch of chile flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
For the salsa:
- 3 large tomatillos (peeled, and boil for 20 minutes)
- 2 serrano chiles (stems removed, boil for 15 minutes)
- 4 ripe avocados
- 2 MAGGI® Vegetable Bouillon cubes
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Anaheim chiles
- baby bella mushrooms
- red and yellow bell pepper
- green onion
- corn on the cob
You’ll also need:
- corn tortillas – heat on grill or over a gas stove
- jack cheese – cut into pieces
- queso fresco – sliced
- lemon wedges
- Marinade: Place all ingredients in a bowl, then whisk until combined. Set to the side until ready to use.
- Salsa: Remove tomatillos from boiling water and place in a blender along with the rest of the ingredients. Blend until creamy and smooth. Place in a bowl and use to drizzle into your tacos.
- Vegetables: Clean all veggies by rinsing under cold water. Pat dry with a paper towel, then slice into desired cuts. I strand the mushrooms onto kabob sticks for easier grilling. Once all vegetables are cut brush marinade on them with a pastry brush.
- Grill: Fire up the grill and allow it to get super hot. Once the grill is ready add your vegetable to the grill and cook until charred on both sides. Remove from grill and arrange on a board.
- Assemble: Start by placing the bowl of salsa on the board, along with a plate of queso fresco, and corn tortillas. Then add each vegetable to the board, framing the plates already placed on board to surround completely.
- Tips: Once corn is grilled, cut off the cob to sprinkle into tacos. It’s easier to grill the Anaheim chiles first, then once charred slit down the front and stuff with cheese. Place chiles back on grill and allow cheese to melt.
- Place grilled veggies of your choice in a warn corn tortilla then top with salsa!
I found the MAGGI® Vegetable Bouillon in the international aisle at Walmart. Be sure to load up for an entire summer of grilling. Enjoy!