Keeping warm with a bowl of Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Soup has been the trend in my house lately. With all these record breaking temperature lows this decadent soup will definitely sizzle up your belly in the most pleasant way.
I used a good amount of Crema Con Sal to beautify the soup with a creamy finish and garnished the top with roasted corn and mushrooms. I like to pair the soup with a batch of Queso Fresco and spinach empanadas for the ultimate comfort meal!
Hot Soup On A Cold Day:
I am really enjoying this cold weather and love it a little more when I have a fantastic bowl of creamy roasted cauliflower soup to cuddle up to. Give this soup a try the next time you feel a chill in your bones.
Ingredients for Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Soup:
- 6 – tablespoons olive oil
- 3 – leeks (sliced)
- 2 – heads cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 1/2 – teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 – teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 – teaspoon black pepper
- 4 – cloves of garlic
- 2 – cups crema con sal
- 32 – ounces vegetable broth
- 1 – grilled corn on the cob (kernels cut off the cob)
- 1 -cup roasted mushrooms (optional for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place leeks and cauliflower florets on two baking sheets. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt, sesame seeds and pepper.
- Roast in oven for 20 minutes, flipping cauliflower and leeks halfway through baking time.
- Remove from oven. Add in cauliflower, leeks, garlic cloves, crema con sal, and vegetable broth to a blender. You may need to do this in batches.
- Blend until smooth and no longer lumpy.
- Pour the blended soup into a pot and heat over a medium low flame until it comes to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with roasted corn, mushrooms and sesame seeds.
- Serve with empanadas.
I seriously love cauliflower soup, here’s another method I’ve used in the past.