I’m talking about a burrata cheese sun dried tomato sandwich today. When my kitchen is too hot and I just want to escape the heat, I grab all my sandwich ingredients and make way into my air conditioned living room or breezy patio. This sandwich is so easy to make, it could be assembled in car or at the park. I know, that sounds silly but sometimes you just need to escape the heat in the kitchen when even a fan will not help.
The first time I made this simple sandwich for my mom, she wrinkled her nose and said “That’s it? There’s hardly anything in this.” I told her “Mom, just bite it.” She took one bite and within seconds the rest was gone. I wasn’t sure if she ate it all in one bite or if she loved it so much she practically inhaled it. I asked “So, what did you think?” With her mouth still full, she said “Make me another one, it’s so f’ing delicious.”
A burrata cheese sun dried tomato sandwich will make people do strange things. For example: cuss when they want more, gobble it down in seconds, and act like they are not that interested in the sandwich in hopes of dissuading you from eating it and leaving more for them. Ask my mom!
Ingredients for burrata cheese sun dried tomato sandwich:
- baguette (or any other artisan bread)
- a small jar sun dried tomatoes in olive oil (8.5 oz.)
- burrata cheese
- black pepper and salt
- fresh basil
- Using a bread knife cut around the perimeter of the baguette down the middle length wise. Make sure not to break through the bottom crust.
- Open the jar of sun dried tomatoes and pour some of the olive oil onto the inside of the cut bread.
- Then remove a few sun dried tomatoes and place them on the bread. You can layer them if you wish.
- Top with pieces of burrata cheese.
- Season cheese with black pepper and salt to your liking.
- Place fresh basil leaves on top of the cheese.
- Enjoy with a lemonade and chips! Absolutely delicious!!!!