Have you ever had vanilla vodka infused watermelon sprinkled in lime sugar? If your answer is yes, then you and I can be friends. If your answer is no, then you must give this recipe a try at your next gathering and we will quickly become friends. This is definitely the kind of deconstructed cocktail you want to serve when getting festive. As I like to call it the ‘party starter of all party starters.’ I say cocktail loosely because no cup needed and munching is part of the arrangement.
Imagine if you were at a fun event and this friendly batch of boozy watermelon showed up on a tray. How happy would you be? With graduation celebrations, summer cookouts, sporting events, 4th of July, etc… around the corner, these refreshing buzz makers are perfect. I love watermelon as much as the next person, and they are in season right now, but I promise you they taste a little better when served like this.
Ingredients for Vanilla Vodka Infused Watermelon Sprinkled In Lime Sugar:
- vanilla bean
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 small watermelon (sliced into 1 inch thick wedges)
- rind from 2 limes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Carefully split the vanilla bean using a sharp pairing knife. Then scrape out the beans. Add the beans and the empty vanilla bean pod to cup of vodka. Place in the fridge for 3 days.
- Place watermelon slices in a container, then pour vanilla infused vodka over the watermelon slices. Cover the container and place in the fridge for 2 days. Make sure to rearrange slices in the container every 12 hours so all slices can absorb the vodka.
- Mix lime rind and sugar in a bowl, cover and allow to sit for 2 days.
- Remove watermelon from container and place on a serving tray. Sprinkle with lime sugar and serve!
- Enjoy this fabulous deconstructed cocktail!