Peanut Butter Raspberry Banana Brioche French Toast
It’s been a little while since the last time I was in Paris, France. I am remembering the fantastic brioche french toast I forked into my mouth in the city of lights. I think of how perfect the hotel paired my fluffy french toast with a tart raspberry jam and powdered sugar on top. As I ate I wished I could add a smear of peanut butter and fresh fruit to the equation.
Upon my return home I began toying with the idea of the delicious french toast I had in Paris. It wasn’t long until I took that idea and added the peanut butter, fresh raspberries and banana slices. The stack was too decadent to eat alone. I thought it would be fun and messy to share with my family. Whenever I make this beauty we all dig in from our edge of the plate. It’s fun and yum.
If you’re dreaming of Peanut Butter Raspberry Banana Brioche French Toast for breakfast this Mother’s Day or the next time you sit down for brunch… Share this post on your social in hopes your family gets the hint and makes you some. 🙂 Good Luck!
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Raspberry Banana Brioche French Toast:
- 1 – loaf brioche bread (cut into 1 inch slices)
- 4 – eggs
- 1/2 – cup whole milk
- 1/4 – teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 – teaspoon vanilla extract
- non-stick spray
- Skippy creamy peanut butter
- raspberry jam
- fresh raspberries
- 1 – banana (sliced into rounds)
- powdered sugar
- Cut brioche loaf into 1 inch slices, and set to the side.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, ground cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium high flame and allow to get hot. Spray pan with non-stick spray.
- Quickly dip a slice of bread into the egg mixture just enough to wet the bread. Do not soak it.
- Then place the dipped bread into the hot pan and cook on each side until browned about 2 minutes.
- Continue with remaining slices of bread and egg mixture.
- Place brioche french toast on a plate and smear a teaspoon of peanut butter and a teaspoon of raspberry jam on the top of bread. Place fresh raspberries and bananas on top of the pb&j.
- Stack another slice of french toast on top and repeat the peanut butter, jam, fruit process with a piece of french toast in-between until you reach your desired height.
- Lastly sprinkle the top with powdered sugar!
- Enjoy the stack with your loved ones.