Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Chef Merito. All opinions are 100% mine, and it is an absolute pleasure and privilege to be associated with the official carne asada spice of my beloved team! VIVA LOS DODGERS!!!!
I am a true blue Dodger fan. I was born and raised in Los Angeles and have been making my way to Chavez Ravine for as long as I can remember. It started with my Momma who was head over heels in love with the Dodgers in the 70’s and 80’s…. the years of Steve Yeager, Ron Cey, and Steve Garvey. Those were the first players I remember following. Everyone in my family bleeds Dodger blue. It is one of our favorite pastimes and we make it a point to enjoy as many games as possible.
Some things never change…. Fast forward to 2013 and I am still trekking up to the stadium to catch my boys in blue. When I am not in the thick of the crowd amongst the fans, then I am firmly cemented to my seat in front of the television set watching at home. I load up on snacks and make BLUE cheese burgers to celebrate my hometown team. I spice my ground beef up with Chef Merito spices and grill my patties then top them with monterey jack and a pile of blue cheese. Chef Merito is the official carne asada seasoning for the Dodgers, but I’m here to tell you the meat seasoning taste great on burgers too. Whether at home or at the game…. I just love celebrating my boys of summer. Don’t miss Viva Los Dodgers every Sunday home game, 2 hours before the national anthem is belted out…. Chef Merito is one of the sponsors, and it is a great afternoon of fun, food, and entertainment.
Ingredients for Dodger Blue Cheese Burger:
- 2 – lbs of ground beef
- 1 – egg
- 2 – tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 – tablespoon Chef Merito meat seasoning
- 1 – teaspoon Chef Merito garlic salt
- 1/2 – cup grated jack cheese
- 4 – hamburger buns (toasted)
- 4 – teaspoons of mayo
- 4 – teaspoons mustard
- 4 – teaspoons thousand island dressing
- 4 – tablespoons of crumbled blue cheese
- tomato slices
- sliced dill pickles
- sliced onion
- Mix beef and egg in a bowl together. Use your hands to mix thoroughly.
- Form meat evenly into 4 patties.
- Place a grill over a medium flame and add oil to grill. Allow it to get hot.
- Lay the patties on the grill and season with meat seasoning and garlic salt.
- Cook burger patties on one side for 7 minutes then flip and cook other side for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/8 cup of jack cheese to each patty. Allow cheese to melt while burger is still cooking for an additional 5 minutes.
- Place each patty on a toasted bun, then top patties with 1 tablespoon of blue cheese each.
- Slather the other half of each bun with mayo, mustard and thousand island dressing.
- Pile on lettuce, tomato, pickles and onion.
- Stack and enjoy!
See the picture below… that is a wonderfully loaded spice basket that Chef Merito is giving away to one lucky reader of Presley’s Pantry. Enter for a chance to win by following the simple steps listed below!
You can have up to 4 entries each; please note that you have to comment back and let me know which of the actions you took, so that I can account for them.
1. Mandatory entry: Comment below and tell me what dish you would love to prepare with Chef Merito products
2. Like Presley’s Pantry on Facebook
3. Subscribe to Presley’s Pantry channel on You Tube
4. Tweet about the giveaway and come back here letting me know that you did. Sample tweet: Enter for a chance to win a basket of @ChefMerito products via @Presleyspantry: http://wp.me/p1mJLS-22E
Open to U.S. Residents only. No PO Boxes, please. Must be 18 years or older to enter. Contest ends September 4th, 2013 at 9:00 PM, PST and one (1) winner will be randomly chosen from all entries through random.org.