I pull inspiration from anywhere I’m at. I look for the edible in almost any object or thing. For instance, I was looking at the jewelry at Walmart and was pleased to find not only pieces so reasonably priced but sparkly pieces that inspired me to run home and bake some Valentine’s day treat.
There was one ring in particular that was dainty and had a pretty red heart made of jewels in the middle. Not only did I see a ring I would pop on my finger, but I thought how fun would it be to make a ring pop cake that formed a pretty heart in the middle?
Ingredients for ring pop cake:
- 1 – heart shaped pan
- 1 – box strawberry cake mix (along with eggs, water, and vegetable oil- per ingredients/measurements on box)
- 1 – can of strawberry icing
- ring pops
- conversation hearts
- Preheat oven according to cake mix box… most likely 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Spray heart shaped pan with non stick baking spray, and set to the side.
- Mix cake mix according to cake mix box, then divide batter in half, and bake the first half of the batter in heart shaped pan for 25 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool for 30 minutes, then flip it on to a plate, and allow to cool completely.
- Then bake the other half of the cake batter for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow that cake layer to cool completely. About an hour.
- Spread a thin layer of strawberry icing on the first later of cake then top with second layer of cake. Spread icing on the entire cake.
- Then press the ring pops into the top to form a heart. With any additional icing, frost over the ring portion of the ring pop.
- Fill the center with conversation hearts!