Ay! My Mom…. I can’t take her anywhere. It was 15 years ago, I was navigating my way through the food scene here in Los Angeles. Trying out all the newest hot spots with the most promising chefs hidden behind closed cooking quarters. Now I couldn’t go out to eat by myself, so a lot of times I would drag my best companion along with me, my Mom. Even though she would kick and scream the (more…)
Tag: Mac and cheese recipe
Are you ready? The count down for the big game is upon us and everyone is buzzing about it. Who’s your team, Seattle or Denver? Or are you like me…. Who cares? What’s on the menu?! For me it’s a reason to get together with friends, eat good food, watch a bunch of awesome commercials and wait for the show in the middle of the game. I know my opinion isn’t the popular one in America but I bet there are a lot of closet, non-pigskin freaks that will be watching (unless we are talking about chicharrónes of course.) Let’s stay on the subject at hand. I will be joining in on the fun with the rest of America on Feb.2nd. My family has been invited to a friends house and I am in charge of bringing something savory that is cheer-worthy. It didn’t take me long to decide on individual mac and cheese servings packed with bacon, jalapeno, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and topped with potato chips. Like always I was able to find all my ingredients at my favorite one stop shop…. Walmart. (I got the cute football napkins there too. Extra point!)
GOOOOOOOOOOOOO CRUNCHY BACON JALAPENO MAC AND CHEESE!!!!!!!
Ingredients for crunchy bacon jalapeno mac and cheese:
- 4 – jalapenos (charred, peeled, and diced)
- 1 – pound bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 2 – cups Barilla macaroni
- 3 – cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 7 – stalks green onion (chopped)
- 2 – 8 ounce packages of Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 – stick butter
- 1 – tablespoon of minced garlic
- 3 – cups half and half
- 1/2 – teaspoon Lawry’s seasoning salt
- 1/2 – teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 – bag of Lay’s potato chips (crushed down to crumbs)
- Place jalapenos on an open flame and char/ burn the skin.
- Place jalapenos in a ziplock for 30 minutes to steam. Set to the side.
- In a large frying pan over a medium flame fry the bacon until it is fully cooked, then remove from oil and drain on a paper plate. Crumble and set to the side.
- Bring a large pot filled with water to a boil. Add in macaroni and boil as directed on package. Drain and place in a bowl.
- Add bacon, cheddar cheese, and green onion to macaroni, and mix to combine.
- Cut 1 package of cream cheese into 1/2 inch cubes and add to macaroni mixture.
- Peel and chop jalapenos into cubes (deseed and throw stems away).
- Add jalapenos to macaroni mixture mix well.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- Butter 10 – ‘3 inch’ ramekins.
- Fill each ramekin with macaroni mixture. Set to the side.
- In a large frying pan over a medium flame add butter and garlic. Melt.
- Add in 1 package of cream cheese, mix to melt into butter. It will still be a bit chunky.
- Add in half and half and continue stirring to melt in the cream cheese.
- Add in Lawry’s and mustard to cream cheese/butter mixture. Mix to combine.
- Slowly pour 1/3 cup of cream/butter mixture into each ramekin.
- Top with potato chip crumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- EAT THIS NOW!