Halloween holds such joyous memories for me. I equate October with creativity, imagination, family closeness, traditional sweet confections, and the kick off to the official holiday season. However you decide to mask your face, as a ghost, mummy, witch, sexy nurse or last years vampire…. make sure you leave enough room to stuff your face with my Halloween Caramel Apples. Why? Because they are FREAK-ing delicious and simple to make!
Ingredients for Halloween Caramel Apples:
7 – Melissa’s Produce Granny Smith Apples or Pears
7 – popsicle sticks
2 – tablespoons milk
1 – package of caramels (about 50 unwrapped pieces)
melted chocolate of your choice
royal icing or frosting
1. Wash and dry apples and/or pears
2. Insert stick into apple or pear
3. Over a medium low flame in a sauce pan add milk and caramels. Stir until completely melted.
4. Line a platter or cookie sheet with a piece of buttered wax paper.
5. Dip apples into caramel until completely covered, and place on lined platter.
6. Place apples/pears in refrigerator for 1 hour to set.
7. Melt chocolate of your choice, White works well for decorating purposes.
8. Dip caramel apples/pears into chocolate and place back into the fridge for an additional 45 minutes.
9. Once the apples/pears are set remove from fridge and decorate with royal icing or frosting to make a spook-tacular frightfully delicious apple!
10. Enjoy and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!