Disclosure: This post is sponsored by the lovely Tabasco family. It is my pleasure to be a Tabasco Tastemaker. The recipe and opinions are my own.
The first time I had buffalo cauliflower I thought it was the most brilliant thing ever. My Mom who is a vegetarian and use to love buffalo wings could now partake in a non carnivore version. The buffalo cauliflower is slowly swooping in and stealing the hearts of vegetarians and meat eaters alike. I know it has it’s grips on me.
Back in March of this year I was invited to Avery Island, the home of Tabasco, as one of the #TabascoTastemakers . I spent a few magical days there taking in the bayou and all the charms of the south…. especially the food. Can you say the best crawfish….ever? In those days I tasted all the different Tabasco sauces “Tabasco” makes, and of course I had few favorites. I will be posting more about my trip and the different flavors I tried over the course of a handful of posts, but I’d like to start with the Buffalo Tabasco. The second it touched my tongue, I knew I would recreate buffalo cauliflower paired with blue cheese, carrots, and celery. That’s exactly what I did. My Mom loved it, and so did my man. Not only that… so easy to make when the buffalo flavor comes in a bottle.
Ingredients for buffalo cauliflower:
- 1 – head cauliflower (cut into pieces)
- 1/2 – cup flour
- 1/4 – cup bread crumbs
- 1 – teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 – cup water
- 1/2 – bottle Tabasco Buffalo Style Sauce
- carrot sticks
- celery sticks
- blue cheese dressing
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit.
- Cut cauliflower into pieces, removing most of the stem.
- In a bowl, whisk flour, bread crumbs, garlic powder, and water together until smooth. Set to the side.
- Line a baking tray with a non stick baking mat. I also lightly greased it.
- Dip each piece of cauliflower into the flour/water batter. Just enough to coat each piece.
- Place the cauliflower on the lined baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and flip each piece over, place back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower from oven. Using a pastry brush, coat each cauliflower generously with tabasco buffalo style sauce.
- Place back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then serve with carrot sticks, celery sticks, and blue cheese dressing.