I’ve got it! The perfect dish to serve at your Halloween party, Mexican Poutine Smashers are everything you ever wanted in a finger food and more. I am proud to present this special Halloween webisode using Idaho Fingerling Potatoes as my base and topping them with barbacoa and Oaxaca cheese. Watch the webisode for further instruction, and lots of tricks and treats! Stick around until the ugly witch flies away…..
Ingredients for Mexican Poutine Smashers:
- Idaho Fingerling Potatoes
- olive oil
- sea salt
- shredded Oaxaca cheese
Ingredients for barbacoa:
- 1 – can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 – onion
- 5 – cloves galic
- 6 – limes (juiced)
- 1/3 – cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 – cups beef broth
- 5 – pounds chuck beef roast
- 4 – bay leaves
- Add chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, onion, garlic cloves, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, and 1 – cup beef broth to blender. Blend until smooth. Set to the side.
- Pour additional 1 cup beef broth to slow cooker, place the chuck beef roast to the broth, and add in the bay leaves. Pour the chipotle pepper blend over the meat.
- Cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook on low for 10 hours.
- When meat is done, shred with two forks for the perfect batch of barbacoa.
THANK YOU to Idaho Potato Commission for your support. A HUGE, grateful thank you to the most wonderful crew EVER! This one was a lot of fun to make!
- Mando Lopez: Director
- Tony Molina: Director of Photography
- James Ford: Editor
- Leeann Chavez: SPFX Make-Up
- Janine Presley: Sound
- Kristen Warren: Wardrobe and Positivity Ambassador
- Suki Ewers: AC
- Jeshua Viveiros: Set Assistant and “Mummy”