I am proud to partner with Cacique® on this sponsored post. All opinions and recipe are 100% my own.
Are you the type that loves to put together a little gathering all in the name of TACOS? I am!!
Or as I like to call them Taco Party night. I can celebrate tacos any night of the week ending in Y, and I got the perfect one for you. Grilled Calabacita Tacos are the easiest to prepare. Grilled zucchini halves are stuffed with Cacique Queso Fresco, which is milky, fresh and salty, with a crumbly and creamy texture. Then, they’re placed in a corn tortilla, topped with a corn, tomato, onion and roasted jalapeno relish and drizzled in Cacique Cilantro Lime Sour Cream. Do I have your attention yet? Give these delicious tacos a try while the warm weather lasts… you won’t be disappointed!
- Makes: 12 tacos
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for Grilled Calabacita Tacos:
- 2 cooked corn on the cob (kernels cut off the cob)
- 2 jalapenos (charred on the stovetop, remove stem and seeds, cut into small pieces)
- 1 large tomato (diced)
- 1/2 purple onion (diced)
- 6 zucchinis (sliced in half)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 packages Cacique® Queso Fresco (crumbled)
- Cacique® Cilantro Lime Sour Cream
- 12 corn tortillas
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- In a large bowl mix corn kernels, jalapeno, tomato, and purple onion. Place relish to the side until ready to use.
- Slice each zucchini down the center lengthwise.
- Take a spoon and scrape out the center to hollow the inside of each zucchini half.
- Using a pastry brush, brush each zucchini half with a little bit of olive oil.
- Place zucchini halves on a hot grill, flesh side down. Grill until cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Flip zucchini halves over and fill each hollow center with 2 tablespoons of crumbled queso fresco.
- Close the lid on the bbq and continue grilling for 2 minutes to heat cheese.
- Heat corn tortillas on the grill or over a stove top flame.
- Place one zucchini half in the center of the tortilla.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of corn tomato onion and roasted jalapeno relish.
- Drizzle Cilantro Lime Sour Cream over each taco.
- Top with more queso fresco and a sprig of cilantro.
If you like this recipe… check out this other recipe I created for Cacique using calabacitas! Cheesy Cacique Calabacitas.