I’m heading up to the Bay Area to visit my family for Spring Break, but before I go I must leave you with these delicious White Chocolate Strawberry Sandwich Cookies.
White Chocolate Strawberry Sandwich Cookies:
I made the cookie loaded with real vanilla bean, chewy on the inside, and just slightly crispy on the outside. The filling is made with fresh strawberries and white chocolate. When they come together it the perfect cookie for a celebration, and why not start with Easter!
Makes a bakers dozen!
Ingredients for White Chocolate Strawberry Sandwich Cookies:
For the cookies:
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 1/2 cups baker’s sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 vanilla beans, halved lengthwise, seeds scraped, dispose of pods
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For the filling:
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/4 cup best quality white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven for 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place butter and sugar in a stand-up mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on high for 2 minutes until fluffy.
- Add in egg, vanilla, and vanilla bean seeds. Mix until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together. Then slowly mix it into the butter mixture.
- Mix to combine.
- Scoop out cookie dough onto baking sheets lined with baking mats using a 1 tablespoon ice cream scoop. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cook on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Make the filling:
- Place strawberries and sugar in a food processor, and pulse until strawberries are completely pureed. Pour mixture through a sieve and with the back of a spoon press to extract liquid. Discard seeds.
- Melt white chocolate in a double broiler. Remove from heat and whisk in heavy cream until incorporated, then add in 1/2 cup strawberry puree. Whisk for 2 minutes. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
Assemble sandwich cookies:
- Take a cookie and spread 2 teaspoons of white chocolate strawberry filling in the center, then top with another cookie. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Click here for Peanut Butter Shortbread Chocolate Cookies: