Disclosure: This post is sponsored by RiceSelect. All opinions and recipe are 100% my own.
Soy Chorizo Fried Rice: An incredible meatless weekday meal.
I live in Los Angeles, one of the largest food meccas in the world. LA is a melting pot of flavors and is known for an endless combination of fusions. I love that I can hop in my car and reach any type of cuisine within a few minutes. These experiences have carved out a little niche in my culinary heart and help inspire my own home-cooked fusion cuisine. My most treasured Asian-Latin fusion dishes I make is Soy Chorizo Fried Rice.
Have A Rice Day! #RiceSelect
I started to rethink my rice dishes after I tasted the one and only, RiceSelect Texmati!!! All RiceSelect products are made with the FINEST ingredients that provide a superior quality, taste, and texture – making it perfect for a wide variety of rice dishes. This was my initial inspiration to making my Soy Chorizo Fried Rice. It’s basically the only rice I want to cook with these days. The first time I tried RiceSelect Texmati, I couldn’t believe how amazing the taste was. It’s an impeccable blending of traditional American long grain and qualities of basmati with hints of a nutty-popcorny flavor. Delicious! RiceSelect products are the real thing, natural and clean of preservatives, chemicals, added substances, and non-GMO verified too. No wonder they call it the World’s Best Rice because it is!
Soy Chorizo Fried Rice came to life as I was on my way to a party. I thought a big batch of spicy vegetarian fried rice would be the perfect dish to arrive with. I looked through my pantry and reached for a container of RiceSelect Texmati, pickled jalapeños, onion, corn, and peas. I found soy chorizo (which is perfect for vegans too) eggs, and limes in my fridge. The unification of these ingredients was absolutely magnificent, and I hope you will give it a try.
Ingredients for Soy Chorizo Fried Rice:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup white onion (diced small)
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeño slices (chopped)
- 3/4 cup peas
- 3/4 cup corn
- 9 oz. soy chorizo
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 7 cups steamed RiceSelect Texmati (freshly cooked or leftover from the previous day)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 7 eggs
- 5 sprigs green onion (coarsely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 limes (juiced)
- In a large frying pan or wok over a high flame add vegetable oil and butter and allow to melt/combine.
- Add in onion and mix well. Continue to fry for 3 minutes.
- Then add in jalapeños, peas, and corn. Sauté with onion mixture for an additional 3 minutes or until veggies soften. Push veggies to one side of pan.
- On one side of pan add in soy chorizo, and break it up with the back of a wooden spoon or spatula. Cook for 2 minutes, then add in carrots and cilantro to soy chorizo and mix well. Allow to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Combine soy chorizo mixture with veggie mixture.
- Once the soy chorizo / onions are nice and soft add the RiceSelect Texmati.
- Sprinkle the top with soy sauce and continue to mix the rice mixture. Lower the flame to a simmer.
- In a separate pan make a batch of scrambled eggs then add to the rice.
- Top with green onion, sesame seeds, and lime juice. Mix well.
- Serve hot, enjoy, and have a rice day!