Spring has SPRUNG! It’s time to usher in the warmer weather with this refreshing Mediterranean Rotini Pasta Salad. I seriously dread having it in the house because I can’t stop eating it till it’s gone. On a the bright side it’s easy to make, and have on hand to accompany a main dish or partner up with a leafy green for a duo salad night.
Mediterranean Rotini Pasta Salad is the ideal combination of explosive flavors. Rotini pasta al dente, roasted pine nuts, tomatoes, slivers of red onion, KALAMATA OLIVES, fresh bites of cucumber, hints of basil, bursts of grilled red bell pepper, the tang of marinated artichoke hearts, all drizzled in Italian dressing and lots of feta cheese! This is the salad to serve on a lazy Sunday or on a busy Wednesday night, it’s good anytime.
Ingredients for Mediterranean Rotini Pasta Salad:
- 1/2 cup pinenuts (toasted)
- 1 lb Rotini pasta, cooked al dente 8 minutes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 1/2 cups red onion, sliced thin
- 1 1/3 cups sliced kalamata olives
- 2 cups hothouse cucumber, sliced thin
- 8 fresh basil leaves, minced
- 3/4 cup grilled red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup marinated artichoke hearts,
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Italian dressing, to taste
- 8 oz. feta cheese, cube/crumble
- salt, pepper, and chile flakes to taste
- Place pine nuts on a small aluminum foil lined baking tray and toast in a toaster oven for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden.
- Boil pasta for 8 minutes stirring occasionally. Drain and rinse under cold water. Place to the side.
- Quarter cherry tomatoes, slice red onion, slice kalamata olives, slice cucumber, mince basil leaves, cut red bell pepper into thin strips, quarter marinated artichoke hearts, and cube/crumble feta cheese.
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and drizzle top with Italian dressing.
- Season to taste.
- Enjoy cold!
** I personally think this salad taste best when made a day or two ahead of time and stored in a ziplock bag in the fridge. It allows all the flavors to intertwine and become one big happy taste.