It’s all the craze in our house…. Avengers: Infinity Wars arrives digitally July 31st and on Blu-Ray August 14th! My son is already scheming up a way to be able to invite all his little friends over for a movie night viewing gathering either outside on our projector or indoors on our TV, since you can download the movie digitally onto a computer, smart phone or tablet or wait till it’s released on Blu-Ray or DVD.
He is also bugging me to make some Infinity stone Sugar Cookie Rings in celebration of the film to share with his buddies. I promised I would do a test run of the cookies to see how they will turn out, before our screening. He was telling me the Infinity Stone Sugar Cookie Rings must be certain colors and what each color stone represented. It’s all very fascinating to hear him explain.
- Blue: The Space Stone / The Tesseract
- Power: Generates wormholes for travel to distant places
- Yellow: The Mind Stone / Vision
- Power: Able to manipulate the minds of others
- Red: The Reality Stone / The Aether
- Power: Transforms matter
- Purple: The Power Stone / The Orb
- Power: Able to destroy whole civilizations
- Green: The Time Stone / The Eye Of Agamotto
- Power: Able to alter and manipulate time
- Orange: The Soul Stone / Unknown
- Power: Unknown
With that being said… there is plenty for me to do in preparation for his little movie viewing gathering of friends. I’ll be in the kitchen making Infinity Stone Sugar Cookie Rings.. trying to prefect them to his liking. 🙂 Follow along with the conversation #InfinityWar
Ingredients for Infinity Stone Sugar Cookie Rings:
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter (room temp)
- 2 cups bakers sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Ingredients for royal icing:
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- 7 tablespoons warm water
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set to the side.
- Cream butter and sugar in an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until fluffy and pale.
- Pour in eggs and vanilla, mix until combined.
- Add in flour mixture a little at a time mixing on low until all combined.
- Divide dough into 6 equal parts, and wrap each portion in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of one hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 fahrenheit.
- Allow a disk of dough to stand in room temperature for about 10 minutes or until soft enough to roll out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out Infinity Stone shapes.
- Place all cutout cookie shapes on a nonstick baking mat and place in the freezer for 15 minutes or until very firm.
- Bake for 11 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let them cool on wire rack.
- Once completely cooled it time to decorate.
- Make royal icing: Mix powdered sugar, meringue powder, and warm water together. A thick paste will form. Divide the icing into seven (7) separate bowls and color with concentrated paste food coloring of your choice.
- Place each color in it’s own disposable piping bag fitted with a decorative metal tip.
- Pipe color onto cookie. Allow to dry completely before eating.
Disclosure: Walt Disney Studios provided me with a Blu-Ray copy of Avengers Infinity War, a food coloring kit, infinity stone cookie cutter, and Infinity Gauntlet oven mitt to aid me with this post.