Thank you Warner Bros. Animation and Allied Contigo for inviting my family and I to the premiere of Teen Titans Go Movie to aid with this post.
Last week my family was invited to the premiere of Teen Titans Go Movie. My son Max is a big fan, so of course I accepted the invitation. In anticipation of the film I started asking Max a ton of questions about the characters. My first question: What do the Teen Titans eat? It was interesting to hear my 8 year old answer this. In a nutshell he said they eat nothing but ‘junk food’ (his word) and fast food. Hamburgers, and chicken nuggets…. basically things we don’t eat at home. I thought ‘great, what am I going to create for this Teen Titan Go Movie post?” Then he said , “Except Beast Boy, he’s a vegetarian and he loves burritos, salads, tofu, and carrots.” My eyes lit up for several reasons.
- I would have no problems creating something vegetarian inspired by Beast Boy.
- My son is watching a cartoon where he can identify with one of the characters eating habits.
On Sunday we went to see the Teen Titans Go Movie and of course my son absolutely loved it. The Teen Titans set out to star in a Hollywood movie since all the other superheroes have films made about them. Robin wants to shed his sidekick image and jump into the limelight. The Teen Titans brainstorm the ideal formula to becoming a movie star superhero, then head straight to Warner Bros studios to give their plans a try. Things soon go belly up when a super-villain has plans of his own to take over the planet.
It gave me such pleasure to sit next to my boy in the theater while he giggled at all the jokes. The movie is witty and action packed. It is gender neutral with both male and female characters that seem to have equal strengths.
I also fell in love with Beast Boy and in the movie he was so excited to eat a burrito, so I decide to create a breakfast Beast Boy burrito that’s vegetarian just for him and all the sweet little beast boys and girls out there. Teen Titans Go Movie hits theaters July 27th!
Ingredients for Breakfast Beast Boy Burrito:
- 1 – potato (peeled and diced into 1/4 inch cubes)
- 3 – tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 – cup onion (diced)
- 10 – oz. soy chorizo
- 4 – eggs
- flour tortillas
- Boil potatoes for 10 minutes. Remove from flame and drain.
- In a large frying pan over a medium flame add in vegetable oil and allow it to get hot.
- Add in boiled potatoes and fry on each side until crisp about 7 minutes on both sides. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- With a spatula push potatoes to one side of the pan.
- On the other side of the pan add in diced onion and sauté for 5 minutes or until onions become slightly translucent. Mix potatoes and onions together, then push them to one side of the pan.
- Squeeze soy chorizo out of casing and cook for 3 to 4 minutes breaking it up with the spatula, then mix soy chorizo together with onion potato mixture.
- In a bowl scrabble eggs then pour over the soy chorizo mixture. Mix together and cook until all eggs are fully cooked about 7 minutes. Remove from flame.
- Heat flour tortilla, then scoop a heaping cup of soy chorizo and egg mixture in the center.
- Fold each end of the tortilla about an inch in then roll to make a tube shape.
- Serve with avocado, sour cream, and salsa or hot sauce.
On a side note… this burrito is perfect to sneak into the theater. Shhhhh! If burritos are not your thing…. try these portable deconstructed nachos by clicking here. Beast Boy would totally approve! LOL 🙂