This post is #sponsored by Allied Contigo on behalf of The Hollywood Bowl. All opinions and recipe are 100% my own.
As a little girl seeing JAWS for the first time I was scared out of my mind. I remember wondering for a long time afterward if he (Jaws) would make an appearance in my toilet bowl or through the drain pipe in my tub. I was little, I didn’t know that those were impossible ways for a shark to attack. I just related water with JAWS.
As an adult I am excited that the Hollywood Bowl will be showcasing a two day screening of Steven Spielberg’s thriller / horror film on July 20th and 21st. It’s going to be terrifyingly good! Plus the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra will be playing that amazing John Williams soundtrack in sequence with the movie! I’ll be there for it. If you haven’t purchased tickets yet… you may want to click here to buy some.
The second we got our tickets for JAWS I created my Big JAWED Submarine Sandwich inspired by the edge of your seat suspense shark flick. I wanted to make something that I could hold onto incase I’m a bit anxious, but still super yummy to eat. I took all the traditional fixings for a submarine sandwich and stacked them on top of tofurky, because my family and I don’t eat meat…. JAWS is already doing enough of that for all of us! Can’t wait to see it again, excited and stuff!
Ingredients for Big Jawed Submarine Sandwich:
- 1 – 12 inch french roll
- 1 – tablespoon mayo
- 1/2 – tablespoon mustard
- 4 – Tofurky Hickory Smoked Deli Slices
- 4 – slices cheese (either provolone or cheddar)
- 1/2 – cup lettuce (shredded)
- 4 – 1 inch tomato slices
- 6 – dill pickle slices
- 3 – pepperoncini (split in half, for a total of 6 pieces)
- 2 – tablespoons oil and vinegar dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- Green olives
- Cut french roll down the middle lengthwise.
- Spread the inside of the bread on both sides with mayo and mustard.
- Fold tokurky deli slices in half and layer on one side of the bread. Use as more if desired.
- Layer cheese on top of tofurky, then top with lettuce, tomato slices, pickles, and pepperoncini pieces.
- Sprinkle with oil and vinegar dressing, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place additional bread slice on top.
- Garnish with an olive.
- Slice the sandwich in half and share.
Need a little JAWS teaser? Watch the trailer below!
How intense was that? EEEeeeeeek! I’m scared all over again!