I love these little communities of influencers that join together to make a splash with their hashtags of choice. This week, as some of you know is #PaletaWeek , and I am going to join an awesome group of paleta loving peeps to highlight our favorite cool-me-down snack. I guess it makes sense being the first day of Summer and all.
Do you remember that song ‘Put The Lime In The Coconut?’ I think even the Muppets covered it. Either way I’ve had it in my head lately, but I’ve also had a pile of mango’s sitting around the kitchen. What do you think happened? Lime Coconut Mango Paletas came to life. It’s a winning combination. Simple tropical and screams SUMMER! If you want something that will quench your craving for a creamy citrus tang…. Lime Coconut Mango Paletas will do just that, and you could sing ‘Put The Lime In The Coconut’ as you eat it. Happiness!
Makes 12 paletas
Ingredients for Lime Coconut Mango Paletas:
- 1 – 13.5 oz. can Coconut Milk
- 1 – 14 oz. can La Lechera sweetened condensed milk
- 1 – teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 – cup half and half
- 2 – mangos (peeled, and cut)
- 1/8 – cup sugar + 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- fresh lime juice (from 12 medium sized limes)
- a drop green food coloring
- In a large bowl whisk coconut milk, La Lechera, vanilla extract, and half and half together.
- Fill each popsicle mold halfway with coconut milk mixture. Then place in the mold in the freezer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Peel mangos and cut flesh off the bone. Place mango, 1/2 cup of water, and 1/8 cup sugar in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Remove popsicle mold from freezer and pour mango puree over coconut milk mixture filling 1/4 more of mold. Place back in freezer for 45 minutes.
- Squeeze limes through a citrus press collecting fresh lime juice in a bowl. Discard seeds and peel. Mix in 1/4 cup sugar and a drop of green food coloring.
- Remove popsicle mold from freezer and pour sweetened lime juice over mango puree filling the remaining 1/4 of mold.
- Top popsicle mold with cover and insert popsicle sticks into top.
- Freeze popsicle mold overnight.
- Fill basin with warm water and dip mold into water for 15 seconds to loosen paletas from mold.
- Pull straight up toward sky on paleta to release.