This post is sponsored by ALDI Supermarkets. However all opinions and recipes are 100% my own.
Last week I got an email from ALDI supermarket that asked if I would be interested in a challenge. As I read further it stated that I would have to create a menu to entertain a large group of family and/or friends for a soccer brunch. Immediately I thought “I welcome this challenge, and why not do it Sunday the 17th of June in time for us to cheer on our beloved MEXICO!!!!” They were basically asking me to have a soccer viewing party at my house on a $40 dollar budget. I love hosting parties and if I could make it happen with 40 bucks, even more to celebrate. Since we were obviously rooting for Mexico a Mexican brunch would be ideal. I decided to make a tray of breakfast enchiladas with huevos on top, an arroz con leche bar, and serve orange juice too.
I wasn’t too concerned with the amount of money I was allowed to spend because I know ALDI supermarkets offer the best quality foods at the lowest possible prices, with exclusive brands that are as good, or even better, than the best known brands in the market. Shoppers can save up to 50% any day of the year, compared to what we would spend at a leading competitor. I’m seriously surprised by the prices and can’t believe the quality of their products. Take a look at the total of my ingredients list from ALDI, and for fun… let’s compare it to a competitor!
Now for the competitor’s prices on the same ingredients….
See why I heart ALDI…big time! Let me share a few more reasons with you.
As a woman who is very conscious of what I consume and what I feed my family it fills me with utter joy to know ALDI supermarkets’ top priority is the well-being of the communities they serve. No products of their exclusive ALDI brands contain artificial colors, or has any added monosodium glutamate or MSG, nor do they contain added trans-fats which are still found in so many leading brands out there. Those facts alone will keep me returning as a loyal customer.
I also love that they care so much about the freshness of the veggies and fruits that they offer, ALDI works with farmers and local growers to ensure the vegetables arrive from the field to the store in the shortest possible time! I enjoy eating local produce and ALDI makes it easy to do.
Did you know ALDI has a Mexican food products line named Pueblo Lindo? I used the ‘Pueblo Lindo’ line for both Soy Chorizo and Enchilada Sauce to create my tray of Breakfast Enchiladas and let me tell you they were one of the tastiest batches I’ve ever made. ALDI is catering to my people and I absolutely LOVE IT! They are helping Latino families by bring top quality groceries at low prices, every day, including organic products. ALDI features the absolute best prices in California, without the need for a Club membership, buying bulk packaging, or coupons. I’m sold!
My soccer brunch party was a hit, so was the food I served and MEXICO won!!!!
Ingredients for Breakfast Enchiladas:
- 3 – large potatoes (peeled and diced into 1/4 inch squares)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 4 – tablespoons vegetable oil + 2 cups
- 1 – white onion (diced into 1/8 inch cubes)
- 1 – package Pueblo Lindo Soy Chorizo
- 24 – king size corn tortillas
- 1 – 28 oz. can Pueblo Lindo Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 lb. Happy Farm’s Pepper Jack cheese (grated)
- 1 lb. Happy Farm’s Sharp Cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 – can large black pitted olives
- 1 – dozen eggs
- avocado (sliced)
- crema Mexicana
- Bring water to a boil in a pot filled halfway.
- Add in diced potatoes and allow to boil for 12 minutes or until potato cubes are fork tender. Remove from flame and drain.
- Season the drained boiled potatoes with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat 4 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large frying pan over a medium high flame. Add in potatoes and fry on each side 7 to 8 minutes or until crisp.
- Mix in the diced onion and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the onions are slightly translucent.
- Add in the Pueblo Lindo Soy Chorizo, and with back of a spatula break up the soy chorizo and mix it into the potato and onion mixture. Cook for an additional 3 – 5 minutes. Divide into 4 parts, and set to the side.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fill a large frying pan over a med-high flame with 1 3/4 cups of vegetable oil and allow to get hot.
- In an additional large frying pan, fill with 1/4 cup of vegetable oil over a medium flame and wait till it gets hot, then pour in Pueblo Lindo Red Enchilada sauce, and allow the oil and chile to combine.
- Divide your stack of king size corn tortillas into 4 equal parts.
- Dip a single corn tortilla into the hot vegetable oil, and let it fry on each side for 30- 40 seconds. You don’t want your tortilla to be too hard that it ends up looking like a tostada, but you don’t want it to rip in the layering process either. Ideally you want a tortilla that is slightly hard but still slightly bendable.
- With tongs remove the fried tortilla from the oil and immerse it into the red enchilada sauce. Then take the tortilla out of the sauce and place it in a 10 x 15 pyrex glass pan and start to build your first layer of fried red enchilada sauce corn tortillas. Once the bottom of your pan is covered in tortillas, it is time for the next level.
- Top the tortillas with 1/4 of the soy chorizo and potato mixture. Then sprinkle 1/4 of pepper jack cheese, 1/4 of sharp cheddar cheese, and toss about 7 olives (I break them up with my hand) on top of the cheese.
- Repeat the process until all ingredients are used and you have a layered tray of enchiladas.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove enchilada tray from the oven and carefully crack several raw eggs on top of the tray of enchiladas.
- Then place back into the oven and cook for 25 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and and garnish the top with sliced avocado, cilantro and crema Mexicana.
- Enjoy with a glass of orange juice!
Ingredients for Arroz Con Leche bar:
- 6 – Arroz con leche cups
- Choceur Raisin and Nut Chocolate Bar
- Benton’s Everyday Vanilla Wafers
- Empty all the arroz con leche cups into a bowl.
- Place starwberries, and cherries into individual bowls.
- Chop up Choceur Raisin and Nut Chocolate Bar into the desired size for garnish. Place on a plate.
- Place a handful of Benton’s Everyday Vanilla Wafers in a little plate.
- Each person can scoop a few spoons full of the ARROZ CON LECHE into a bowl, then garnish with strawberries, cherries, vanilla wafers, and chocolate pieces!
If you haven’t gone to ALDI supermarkets yet, swing by, get to know them. It will surely become one of your favorite stores, I can honestly say it has become one of mine.
Let me sweeten these words by offering one lucky person the chance to win a $25 dollar gift card to ALDI so another soccer viewing parties like mine can happen. Next Mexico games are on Saturday, June 23 at 8:00 am and Wednesday, June 27 at 7:00 am. You’ll need this ALDI gift card to entertain your friends!
CONGRATULATIONS STEFANIE MARIE!
YOU WON THE $25 ALDI GIFT CARD!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO ENTERED.
Let’s have a round of applause for ALDI supermarkets! This year Market Force has named ALDI once again —among US grocery stores— as the leader delivering to its clients more value for their money; an award ALDI has received for the last eight years. Hooray!