Strawberry Pistachio Flan is the kind of dessert you would serve to a Queen in Spring! Which translates to what I will be making for my Momma this Mother’s Day! This flan has the capability of making anyone feel special. It’s that flantastic, and we should all treat our Moms good.
What I especially love about this recipe is the combination of strawberries and Pistachios mixed in a flan. This is what I call ‘fusion food’ at it’s best. It taste like a cross between a cheesecake and mousse and flan. I can’t make up mind, and then baked in a pool of cajeta giving it a brownish color but amazing flavor.
I could eat this flan all day if someone let me. Making the batch into individual cups sure helps me share the flan easily or eat a little at a time. You could also skip on making it into individual cups and pour the mixture into a 12 cup bundt pan instead with the same cooking time. However you decide to go at it, you won’t be disappointed. Enjoy!
Happy Mother’s Day to you and yours!
Ingredients for Strawberry Pistachio Flan:
- 1/4 – cup sugar
- 5 – large eggs
- 6 – ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 – tablespoon pistachio extract
- 1/2 – tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 – 14 oz can La Lechera sweetened condensed milk
- 1 – can evaporated milk
- A handful of strawberries (stem removed)(about 1 – cup)
- 3/4 – cup wonderful pistachios (shelled and roughly chopped)
- 1/2 – cup cajeta
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place sugar, eggs, cream cheese, pistachio and vanilla extract, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, strawberries, and 1/2 – cup pistachios in a blender. Blend for a minute or until completely combined.
- Spray a 8 – 60z glass pyrex cups with a non stick baking spray, then fill the bottom of each cup with 1 tablespoon cajeta.
- Next pour the liquid mixture evenly amongst the 8 – 60z glass pyrex cups.
- Sprinkle the tops with the remaining chopped pistachios.
- Cover the 8 – 60z glass pyrex cups with aluminum foil and place inside a large pyrex baking dish. Pour hot water into the pyrex baking dish to fill up half way.
- Then place the baking dish into the oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Once out of the oven, remove from water bath and uncover. Let the flans rest for two hours then invert onto a plate. Slowly lift cups up away from plate.
- Place flans in the fridge overnight.