Let me start by saying, this is not a sponsored post, and any brand mentioned is just because I got a major crush going on. Now that we got the formalities out of the way, let’s talk about one of my go-to meals when I need something fast and don’t have a lot of time to fuss, yet need something full flavor and comforting.
I usually pull out my cast iron skillet and make it a one pan meal. I start with a few potato wedges and start baking them, about 25 minutes in I readjust them in the pan then add in some tomatoes, a head of garlic, and a few sprigs of rosemary. Cook for another 10 minutes, then add in a few smoked apple sage Field Roast vegan sausages! Pop that pan back in the oven till the sausages are browned, and we got dinner in no time.
Ingredients for Vegetarian Sausage And Potato Oven Roasted Skillet:
- Olive oil
- 2 – Potatoes (cut into 1 inch thick wedges)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 – teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 – teaspoon Garlic powder
- 5 to 6 – Tomatoes on the vine
- 1 – Garlic clove head (cut across the middle)
- 3 – Rosemary sprigs
- 4 –Smoked Apple Sage Field Roast Sausages (remove casing)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour two teaspoons of olive oil into a cast iron skillet and rub it in with your fingers to grease the pan.
- Drop potato wedges into the pan and pour an additional teaspoon of olive oil on top of potatoes. Mix potatoes with your hand to coat the wedges with olive oil then sprinkle with paprika, garlic powder and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Place pan in the oven and bake potatoes for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven readjust potato wedges by flipping them to cook on the opposite side. Then add in tomatoes and garlic clove head. Place pan back in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan for the final time from the oven then add in apple and sage vegetarian field roast sausages cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Serve with salad or a crusty bread.