Mexi-S’mores : What do you get when your most favorite Mexican cookie meets your most favorite American chocolate under a broiler? Mexi-S’mores ? Or do you think we should call this little Chicana …. La Es’more? She’s so pretty under any name we give her, but more importantly she tastes super fine.
I can’t help combining these types of flavors. I pull the best of both of my cultures into a delicious bite that soothes bicultural cravings. ArcoIris Cookies are made of a simple cookie topped with pink and white marshmallows then sprinkled with coconut. When you place this cookie gem under the broiler the coconut becomes toasty and gives an extra dimension to the traditional s’more. As for the chocolate I use, there are many amazing ones from all over the world. I know this because every time I arrive in a new land, I run around to all the candy stores to sample the chocolate. Being that I’m American born, my favorite here in the United States is the classic Hershey’s Chocolate bar and of course that’s the one I go with.
This is a s’more that needs to be at your next party or social gathering. Indoor or outdoor. Casual or elegant. This fine pretty has got you covered in taste and in appearance. Why not take it up a notch… I do.
Ingredients For Mexi-S’mores:
- Arcoiris Cookies
- Hershey’s Chocolate Bars
- Preheat toaster oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place cookies on an aluminum foil lined baking tray.
- Bake in the toaster over for 3 minutes.
- Remove tray from toaster oven and top each cookie with two Hershey’s chocolate rectangles.
- Place back in the oven and continue baking for an additional 2 minutes or until chocolate melts.
- Remove cookies from oven and stack until you’ve reached your desired height.