Roasted Cauliflower Steak Drizzled In Jalapeno Cilantro Chimichurri
I have a friend who recently asked me how she should prepare cauliflower. I told her she should try my Roasted Cauliflower Steak Drizzled In Jalapeno Cilantro Chimichurri recipe. It’s so tasty and easy to make. I wrote it down for her then asked myself why I haven’t posted it here on Presley’s Pantry? I decided I’m going to post more cauliflower recipes for people wondering what to make with it!
Ingredients For Roasted Cauliflower Steak And Jalapeno Cilantro Chimichurri:
- 1/8 – teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 – jalapeno (stem removed)
- 3/4 – cup cilantro leaves (remove stems)
- 3 – garlic cloves
- 3/4 – teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 – teaspoon black pepper
- 6 – tablespoons olive oil
- 1 – large cauliflower or 2 small ones
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Optional: Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let’s make the Jalapeno Cilantro Chimichurri: Start by rubbing the vegetable oil on the jalapeno with your hands. Then place the jalapeno chile on an open flame and char the skin completely. Once the chile is charred remove from flame.
- Add the charred jalapeno, cilantro leaves, garlic cloves, sea salt, black pepper, and (4) tablespoons olive oil to a food processor. Pulse until mixture is finely chopped to your liking. Set mixture to the side for further use.
- Roasting Cauliflower Steaks: Remove leaves and stem from the base of cauliflower. Then rinse under cold water. Pat the cauliflower dry with a paper towel, then cut it into 2 inch thick slices.
- Brush (1) tablespoon of olive oil onto a metal baking sheet, then arrange cauliflower steaks on baking sheet. Brush the tops of cauliflower steaks with remaining olive oil then season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Bake for a total of 30 minutes flipping the steaks over at the half way mark of 15 minutes. Once you flip the steaks place them back into the oven.
- Plate cauliflowers steaks on a serving plate then drizzle with jalapeno cilantro chimichurri and balsamic vinegar.
- Happy Eating!