Peanut Butter Shortbread chocolate cookies:
I’m such a sucker for shortbread. Recently I decided my shortbread should be peanut buttered and finished with chocolate. I took this idea a step further and sugared the cookies for a perfectly sweet crusty texture. As I was making the cookies I decided to post the process on IG stories and in return I was met with an overwhelming amount of requests to share the recipe. Not only did I write it down for you all, I also placed my IG stories video below for a quick reference to how I brought my Peanut Butter Shortbread Chocolate Cookies to life! Enjoy with tea, coffee, hot chocolate, water, or any other drink that makes you happy.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Shortbread Chocolate Cookies:
- 1 – cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 – cup sugar plus extra for dusting
- 2 – sticks unsalted butter
- 1 – teaspoon almond extract
- 2 -eggs
- 1 – cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 1/2 – cups flour
- 1 – teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 – teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 – teaspoon salt
- 3/4 – cup chopped salted peanuts
- semi- sweet chocolate chips (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- In an electric mixer fitted with a paddle cream sugars and butter until fluffy and completely incorporated for about 4 minutes.
- Add in the almond extract, and eggs and mix until combined.
- Add in peanut butter and mix until well combined.
- In a large bowl sift flour,baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
- Add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture. Mix just to combine.
- Then add in chopped peanuts and mix for final time to combine.
- Scoop out a level 1 1/2 tablespoon using a cookie scooper.
- Then roll the dough between your hands creating a little ball.
- Next drop the ball into a small bowl of sugar and coat dough completely. (See video below)
- Place on a non- stick mat lined cookie sheet 2 inches apart from one another.
- Firmly press fork tines into each ball of dough to make crisscross pattern.
- Bake cookies for 14 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet and place on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, drizzle with melted chocolate and allow to cool again.
Swipe right below for a video tutorial of ‘HOW TO’ tips!