My man is leaving on tour soon, which means he is requesting I make all his favorite snacks and foods while he’s still home. The picture above being one of them. Have you ever tried a Pistachio Fig Goat Cheese Ball? It’s kinda the perfect treat, in his and my opinion at least. I like to think of it as a mini cheese board. Usually people pair a cheese with jam, fruit, or honey, and some type of nut. This Pistachio Fig Goat Cheese Ball does all that in one delicious sphere. It’s so simple to throw together in under 5 minutes, and if you ever have an unexpected guest show up you can prep this in a whip. I tend to serve it when we are watching a good program on TV or if we feel like having a glass of wine in our patio. It’s one of those things… Simple, good, and easy. If you have a few extra moments on your hands, I suggest cutting up a baguette, lightly brushing it with some olive oil, and toasting it till it’s golden crisp. The mini toasts make for a crunchy companion, everything a SMOOTH spread ever asked for.
- 10 – oz. goat cheese
- 4 – tablespoons fig jam
- 2 – tablespoons pistachios (chopped)
- Remove goat cheese from packaging and reform cheese with your hands to create a ball or any other shape your heart desires.
- Place the goat cheese ball on a plate.
- Then spoon the fig jam over the top. Spread it with a knife for even spreading or allow it to fall down the sides.
- Generously sprinkle the top with chopped pistachios.
- Serve with crackers or slices of toasted bread.