I’m that girl, the one that likes sparkly fruit for the top of cakes or to eat by the handful or to simply put in a bowl to use as garnish where needed. Well let’s face it the holidays are not complete without sugared cranberries. We all need a solution to bring easy sugared cranberries to life. I got it and I’m sharing it with you.
- 1 – cup water
- 1- cup sugar and an extra 1/2 cup for dusting.
- 3 – cups fresh cranberries
- In a medium saucepan over a medium low flame add water and 1 cup of sugar. Stir constantly until sugar dissolves and mixture becomes a syrup.
- Remove pan from flame then allow syrup to cool to room temperature. Set to the side.
- Rinse fresh cranberries under running water until cleaned, and drained.
- Add cranberries to syrup and mix to ensure all cranberries are coated in syrup.
- Using a slotted spoon remove syrup coated cranberries from pan and place on a cooling rack for one hour to allow them to dry off a little and become a bit more on the sticky side.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to a bowl.
- Then working in small batches add cranberries into the bowl of sugar.
- Using a fork cover the cranberries in sugar, then remove from sugar and place them back on the cooling rack to dry for a minimum of an hour but ideally overnight.
- Use as you wish!