I’m making the best of the end of my summer. I know technically it’s not summer anymore, but I live in California and it sure feels like it. I made this Nectarine, Berry, Jamaica Flatout Flatbread Cobbler with all the delicious fruits I could find at the market. Make it for your family, and watch everyone smile. The best part is I used FLATOUT Flatbread to make this dessert which is high in protein and low in carbs. It makes me feel better knowing I made a healthy dessert for me and mine.
Ingredients for Nectarine, Berry, Jamaica Flatout Flatbread Cobbler:
- 1/2 – tablespoon butter
- 1 – Flatout Flatbread (I use the original or Hungry Girl traditional white)
- 1/8 – cup sugar
- 1/4 – cup water
- 1/8 – cup Jamaica (hibiscus) dried petals
- 1/4 – cup blueberries
- 1/2 – cup cherries (pitted and cut in half)
- 1 – large nectarine (pitted and cut into thin wedges)
- colored sugar sprinkles
- ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. ( I used my toaster oven since it is such a small baking dish. )
- Butter a small baking dish 6×4. Brush remaining butter on Flatout Flatbread.
- Cut Flatout Flatbread to fit inside of baking dish.
- Save scraps for the top. Cut out tiny shapes with scraps and set to the side.
- Place big piece of Flatout Flatbread inside baking dish and place in the oven for 7 minutes to crisp up a bit.
- While Flatout Flatbread piece is baking start making the filling.
- In a sauce pan over a medium high flame add sugar, water and Jamaica petals. Bring to a boil. Add in blueberries, cherries, and nectarine wedges. Mix to combine. Cook for a total of 10 minutes.
- Remove baking dish from oven. Pour in cooked fruit filling. Top fruit filling with FLatout Flatbread scraps and sprinkle tops with colored sugar sprinkles.
- Place baking dish back in the oven for 10 minutes or until Flatout Flatbread tops are crisp and filling is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and serve over a scoop of ice cream.