Do you ever want a quick snack? When that happens to me… here’s the answer to all my cravings. These easy to make Strawberry Chipotle Cream Empanadas can be made in minutes and better yet with Flatout Flatbread. You won’t believe how great they taste and how fast you’ll be enjoying a delicious homemade snack while watching your favorite program or chatting with your family and friends. The combo of strawberry and chipotle drizzled over cream cheese is the best thing to ever happen. Promise.
Ingredients for Strawberry Chipotle Cream Empanadas:
- 1 – Flatout Flatbread Pizza Crust Rustic White
- 1 – tablespoon cream cheese
- 1/2 – teaspoon adobo chipotle sauce
- 1 – teaspoon strawberry jam
- egg wash (1 egg and 1 tablespoon water whisked together)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees ( I use my toaster oven )
- Using a 2-inch or 3-inch circle cookie cutter, cut out two circles of Flatout flatbread from pizza crust.
- (Optional) Cut out a strawberry design in the center of one of the circles.
- On one of the Flatout Flatbread circles place cream cheese in the center.
- Top the cream cheese with adobo chipotle sauce.
- Spread the strawberry jam over the adobo chipotle sauce.
- Brush the sides of Flatout Flatbread circle with egg wash. Then brush the entire Flatout Flatbread circle (the one with the cut out) with egg wash.
- Place the cut out Flatout Flatbread on top of the other.
- With a fork press down along the edges to enclose.
- Place empanada on a non-stick baking mat lined cookie sheet and bake for8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.