This post is sponsored by Society Culinaria courtesy of Flatout Bread. However all opinions are my own and the recipe is mine too.
Just the thought of this sandwich makes my mouth water. I’ve uploaded all the photos thinking how much I love a good spicy egg salad recipe and how this one sits pretty high on my list of happy things to eat. I love that it is sprinkled with all my favorite flavors: pepitas, jalapeños, and chipotle powder. What makes me extra happy is I have found the ideal companion to my egg salad in Flatout bread. Flatout is a blank canvas that allows the salad to shine in all its eggy glory. Every Flatout bread variety is low in fat, a good source of fiber and of course perfect for wraps, pinwheels and super easy sandwiches. With Flatout less is more…less calories, carbs, time. I can focus all my attention on the spicy egg salad and feel assured the Flatout Foldit is going to work perfectly.
Find your own Flatout Bread with this store locator by clicking here!
Ingredients for Spicy Egg Salad:
- 6 – eggs (hardboiled)
- 1/4 – cup red onion (diced)
- 1/8 – cup pepitas
- 1/8 – cup cilantro
- 1/8 – cup pickled jalapeño (plus extra slices for garnish)
- 1/3 – cup mayo
- 1 – tablespoon spicy mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Avocado slices
- chipotle powder
- 4 – Everything Flatout Flat Bread
- Peel shell off hardboiled eggs. Then cut eggs in chunky pieces. About 16 pieces per egg. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Add in red onion, pepitas, cilantro, and pickled jalapeños. Mix well.
- Scoop in mayo and mustard. Mix to combine.
- On one side of flatout flat bread place cilantro and avocado slices.
- Scoop one fourth of egg salad mixture on top of avocado slices.
- Sprinkle lightly with chipotle powder, and garnish with more jalapeño slices if you enjoy your salad a little more spicy.
- Fold other half of flatout over egg salad.