A few months ago I got this awesome Star Wars Death Star waffle maker in the mail. I remember being so excited as I opened the box and had big plans of what I would do with it, but for some reason or another I never got around to using it. Fast forward to the present… I know that you are all familiar with Star Wars: The Force Awakens, also known as Star Wars: Episode VII. The 2015 American epic space opera is being released April 5th on Blu Ray / DVD with special packaging and collectible Galactic Connexions Trading Discs which can ONLY be found at Walmart. I decided it was time to break out my Star Wars Death Star Waffle Maker and have a Star Wars The Force Awakens Blu Ray / DVD viewing party. I whipped up an easy waffle batter, toasted some coconut (to look like Chewbacca’s fur), and chopped up some strawberries. Minutes later our Death Star Waffle bar was in full swing and we sat on our couch happily watching The Force Awakens from the comfort of our home! #ShowUsYourForce
In this seventh installment of the series The Force Awakens is set 30 years after Return of the Jedi; it follows Rey, Finn, and Poe Dameron’s search for Luke Skywalker and their fight alongside the Resistance, led by veterans of the Rebel Alliance, against Kylo Ren and the First Order, successor to the Galactic Empire. Pick up your copy today!!!!
Death Star Waffle Bar Ingredients:
- Death Star Waffle Iron
- non stick cooking spray
- 2 – cups flour
- 4 – teaspoons baking powder
- 1 – teaspoon salt
- 3 – tablespoons sugar
- 2 – eggs
- 6 – tablespoons butter (melted and cooled)
- 1 1/2 – cups whole milk
- 1 – teaspoon vanilla extract
- FOR BAR:
- Whipped cream
- toasted coconut
- Star Wars marshmallows
- sliced strawberries
- chocolate sprinkles
- dried cranberries
- Preheat waffle iron as directed in appliance instructions.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together in a bowl.
- In a mixer beat eggs on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour in butter, milk and vanilla. mix to combine.
- Pour flour mixture into egg/milk mixture. Mix to combine.
- Ladle waffle 1/2 cup batter into heated waffle iron.
- Cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden crisp.
- Carefully remove with a rubber spatula.
- Garnish waffle with any or all of the toppings.