Batman V Superman… That’s all my 6 year old boy keeps talking about. The problem is the movie is rated ‘R’ and I can’t take him to see it with that rating. What’s a mom to do? The next best thing to seeing the film is buying all the cool superhero merchandise. Lucky for him, Walmart has us covered in the Batman V Superman department. Toys for days with voice changing Batman masks, capes, and an Epic Strike Bat Mobile.
What really got my wheels spinning was the Batman V Superman food… The Doritos bags have Batman and / or Superman printed on them. Walmart also has exclusive Rice Cripsy Treats a la Batman V Superman. The list goes on and on what you’ll be able to find for all your Superhero needs. My son was most excited about the Doritos, and insisted we buy a bag of each flavor offered. I’m not sure who he’s routing for but what I do know is I was going to have lots of Doritos in my house. I decided to make a cheese dip for Doritos as a snack to munch on as he fills my ears with Superhero talk.
Ingredients For Cheese Dip For Doritos:
- 16 – oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
- 16 – oz. sour cream
- 1 – cup onion (chopped)
- 4 – cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 – teaspoon chile flakes
- 4 – cups pepper jack cheese (grated)
- 2 – medium sized avocados (cubed)
- 3/4 – cup pickled jalapeños (sliced)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place cream cheese, and sour cream in a mixer. Beat on medium for 2 minutes until fully combined.
- Add in onion, garlic, chile flakes, and 2 cups pepper jack cheese. Beat on medium until fully combined
- Scoop out half of cheese mixture into a medium casserole dish and spread evenly.
- Layer in cubes of avocado.
- Scoop out remaining cheese mixture on top of avocado. Spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining pepper jack cheese over the top.
- Place jalapeño slices over grated pepper jack.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Place under broiler for 3 minutes or until browned.
- Serve with Doritos.