Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post. The Hollywood Bowl has gifted me with 4 tickets to enjoy the event as inspiration for this post.
I’m a sap at heart when it comes to movies, and E.T. The Extra Terrestrial is the first film that made me bawl my eyes out and clutched my soul in the way that only great movies can. In 1982 I was just a little girl understanding human emotions and learning how to be compassionate for others, and E.T. timestamps my evolution of empathy and where I was at that tender age. I vividly remember E.T. reaching out to Gertie with his lit up finger and saying in his electronic sounding voice “Be Good.” That scene still tears at my heart strings with his gut wrenching departure, we all took note on what it meant to love without judgement. Being a food freak…. the introduction of Reese’s Pieces on the big screen also caught my attention, the two became synonymous.
Fast forward a few years (I won’t say how many)……. The Hollywood Bowl decides to have an extraordinary, world-premiere event Sept 4th, 5th, and 6th, as the Los Angeles Philharmonic performs John Williams’ entire Academy Award-winning score from Steven Spielberg’s heartwarming masterpiece about a boy and his alien friend, live-to-picture while this beloved film is shown in HD on the Bowl’s big screen. Don’t miss E.T. under the stars, as you’ve never seen or heard it before! Buy tickets to go see E.T. I will be there with my family, introducing my little boy to this amazing story while we eat Reese’s Pieces Brownies and take it all in.
Ingredients for Reese’s Pieces Brownies:
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1 – cup sugar
- 3 – eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 – 13 ounce jar of Nutella
- 1 – cup flour
- 1/2 – cup Reese’s Pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Spray a 8×8 brownie metal pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In a mixer add butter and sugar and mix till creamy for about 5 minutes.
- Add in vanilla and eggs. Mix well for about 4 minutes.
- Add in Nutella and mix until batter comes together and is smooth.
- Add in flour and mix until completely incorporated.
- Pour brownie batter into prepared pan.
- Top with Reese’s Pieces.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool in pan to room temperature.
Here is an awesome clip to get you in the “I’m keeping him” mood.
Check out The Hollywood Bowl Concert Calendar by clicking here.