I was challenged to use Wonder bread and Kraft singles for a new fun grilled cheese solutions program…. (so Americana). They asked me to add my own spin to the already loved grilled cheese sandwich using the products mentioned above… I decided to make a chile relleno grilled cheese sandwich. I thought it would be the ideal grilled cheese for either breakfast or dinner or anytime really. I waited for the perfect afternoon, when I had a bit of time to myself to just enjoy my sandwich and possibly a sparkling drink. Well that day came and boy was I pleased with my chile relleno grilled cheese sandwich creation. It was exactly what I had imagined, lots of cheesy goodness, with a touch of egg and chile. Mmmmm…. I was both satisfied and happy to add a new grilled cheese to my list of favorites.
Ingredients for chile relleno grilled cheese sandwich:
- 1 – anaheim chile (charred, peeled, and deseeded)
- a smear of butter
- 2 – slices wonder bread
- 2 – kraft singles
- 1 – egg (cooked)
- Place chile over an open flame and char.
- Then allow the chile to steam in an airtight bag for 30 minutes. Then carefully peel chile under a slow stream of water.
- Remove stem, slice down the side of chile and deseed. Set to the side.
- Smear a little blue bonnet on one side of bread.
- Place a slice of cheese, chile, egg and another slice of cheese on the other side of the bread. Then top with another piece of bread. Smear the top of bread with a little more blue bonnet.
- In a small frying pan over a medium flame add in sandwich. Allow it to brown on each side and for cheese to melt.
- Remove from pan and cut in half. ENJOY! #shareyourcheesy
Pin This Pic Below