When the cold weather outside makes for a cozy atmosphere inside there is a certain comfort that is desired. Me and my boys like to lounge around in our p.j’s, eat good food, play games, and watch t.v. It is our family time of bonding, and just appreciating each other living in the moment. I try and make dishes that are quick and afford me more time to spend with them. Of course I run the idea of what’s for dinner by them first, and they practically becomes giddy at the mention of pork chops, so you can guess what I whip up when it’s going to be a night indoors…. One skillet pork chops and cauliflower. Walmart makes this non-fussy meal so easy to attain, they have pork chops, cauliflower, and cast iron pans all for a reasonable price. Yes, I stock up at my favorite one stop shop and make my little family happy with this one skillet meal. It’s all quite easy, first you brown the chops on top of the stove then throw a few pieces of cauliflower into the pan, then place the entire thing in the oven. PERFECTION. My boys are happy because I fixed them their favorite supper, and I’m happy because It was so easy to make.
Ingredients for one skillet pork chops and cauliflower:
- one cast iron pan
- 1 – teaspoon olive oil
- pork chops
- salt and pepper
- cauliflower (cut into pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a cast iron pan over a medium high flame. Add olive oil to the pan and allow it to get hot.
- Add in pork chops and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Just cook long enough to brown the pork chops on the outside, on both sides.
- Add the cauliflower into the pan.
- Then place the pan into oven for 20 minutes. At the 10 minute mark, flip the cauliflower and chops to the other side, and let it cook for the additional 10 minutes.